Team Integra Forums banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
..any one have a pic of where it is on a gsr? I think ive been trying to take the wrong thing off.

·
Registered
2,590 Posts
good idea. Ive been getting alot of blowback out of my engine. the guy at midas said its a dirty PCV valve. All i have to figure out now is...where exactly it is located. I guess this is where Mr.Helm makes his money. :)

·
Registered
2,590 Posts
i actually heard somewhere that it is right where the breather hose connects to the valve cover..right under that little clamp thing.

·
Registered
29 Posts
no pics, but its either on top of ntake manifold under fuel rail, or under the manifold near the rear of engine(closer to tranny)... hope this helps.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
well, i think ive found it..under the I/M but how the hell do it get it out!? My hand sure as hell dosent fit down there.

·
Registered
29 Posts
unfortunately, i believe you have to reach from underneath unless you can fir your arm from driver side...sorry.
just be sure your not pulling out the oil pressure sending unit right above the oil filter...youll know 'cause you have to unscrew the send unit though..

·
Registered
8,097 Posts
Hmm, I haven't actually payed attention to the PCV location on a GS-R so it's possible. Strange that the Helms doesn't say it's in any different location either.

But if it is underneath the IM jack up the car and crawl under. I'm not sure if the IM bracket will be in your way though.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
well i just jacked up ther car..and your right..theres a bracket in the way. any ideas? i thought this was a 5 min switch..yet this is my 2nd day trying to figure it out

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
aight..well i got it out finally..but the pcv valve is still stuck on the hose..how the hell do i get it off? it wont budge, i took the metal clamp pff already its still stuck.

·
Registered
466 Posts
Damn my back is killing me... I just got done changing my PCV valve in my GSR. What a ***** and a half! It's almost impossible because its under the intake manifold. You have to reach around a bunch of hoses and you constantly scrape you hand on the throttle body. I'm glad I dont have to change it again for a good while! Time to lay down...

1 - 20 of 23 Posts