Team Integra Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I tried getting my car smogged today but it didn't pass due to the PCV Valve not being connected to the Intake Manifold. I bought the car in May but the previous owner claims they got it smogged in December 2019 when they bought the car. Everything in the car is Stock except for the intake manifold which is a Skunk2. How can I get this fixed? I'm new to the cars so anything advice would help. Thank you!

·
Registered
40 Posts
I tried getting my car smogged today but it didn't pass due to the PCV Valve not being connected to the Intake Manifold.
LS/GS/RS/SE have PVC valve on top center of valve cover (#7), GSR, ITR have PCV valve below intake manifold on Honda breather/ oil drainback (#7/8).

They're very easy to replace. Use pliers to remove the hose clamp, work the hose free, twist the PCV valve back & forth to remove and then replace. If the hose is hard, cracked, squishy, gross in any other way, replace it. I think it's 5/16" inside diameter. Check that the hose fits the PCV valve you buy. Any auto parts store should have that in stock by the foot. Make sure you get an oil-rated hose, not heater hose or vacuum hose.

For others who still have their PCV valve, if it's not cracked, you can remove it then clean it with brake cleaner until it runs clear. It's a check valve so air should only flow in one direction--you can test it with 10-14 psi (but no more than 14) of air from an air gun on a compressor.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
LS/GS/RS/SE have PVC valve on top center of valve cover (#7), GSR, ITR have PCV valve below intake manifold on Honda breather/ oil drainback (#7/8).
View attachment 105921 View attachment 105920
View attachment 105922
They're very easy to replace. Use pliers to remove the hose clamp, work the hose free, twist the PCV valve back & forth to remove and then replace. If the hose is hard, cracked, squishy, gross in any other way, replace it. I think it's 5/16" inside diameter. Check that the hose fits the PCV valve you buy. Any auto parts store should have that in stock by the foot. Make sure you get an oil-rated hose, not heater hose or vacuum hose.

For others who still have their PCV valve, if it's not cracked, you can remove it then clean it with brake cleaner until it runs clear. It's a check valve so air should only flow in one direction--you can test it with 10-14 psi (but no more than 14) of air from an air gun on a compressor.
Thank you! I'm gonna try this now!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts