Team Integra Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6,059 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Aight, my passenger door is havin troubles. Its not closing flush, so it sticks out from the rear door about .5cm, just enough so that when I decelerate or push on the bottom of the door the interior light comes on etc. Anyone wanna help me with how I would adjust the stops?

·
Registered
561 Posts
I know when I had my door off (dont ask) When we put it back on we had to play around with the bolts that hold it on, tightening/loosening one would make the door sit differently.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Mine did that also - it was just the hook that the door latches too, mounted on the door jamb, that was loose. Hopefully that's all it is.

·
Registered
2,271 Posts
again, this problem surfaces. is it the latch on the door jamb (which doesnt appear to have slotted holes for adjustments) or the catch on door itself (whitch also doesnt appeadr to have much adjustment) I dont see the hinges having an impact as the door is straight, just not flush as described

·
Registered
2,271 Posts
well upon further inspection, my door appears to be flush on top, but tweaked out about 1/8 inch on the bottom! unfortunately thats playing hell with my dome switch. anyone know how to fix this? mark did acura charge for this? how much?

·
Registered
1,591 Posts
Can you take pics of your latch plate on the body? There should be 2 screws for plate adjustment. If that's not the issue, then maybe the door itself needs adjustment.

If worse comes to worse, do like I did... flip the dome light switch in the fully off position and take the door open light out of the gauge cluster.

This thread is 5 years old, btw...

·
Registered
736 Posts
just go on your passanger side door, look at the latch, loosen all the bolts, push the latch back as far as you can(jam a screwdriver in there if you have to to push it back) then bolt it back on tight, if you have a sound system that basically rattles the whole car, then your going to have to do it about ever other month or so.. does not stick on that well. i have been doing this for awhile.

·
Registered
657 Posts
TAKE A HAMMER TO THE DOOR STRIKER!

hit upwards, downwards, inwards to adjust for body imperfections.

problem solved.

·
Registered
2,271 Posts
well to update I had no luck with the latches, the door jam one was on SUPER tight and I couldnt budge either screw. the one on the door was tight but I could get 2 of the 3 screws. that did me no good however, I had to drive the pass side up to a wall about 2 ft away. took out a spare tire and put it between the door and the wall. put a piece of 1/2 inch high density foam between the door and the tire, and proceeded to beat it into submission. needless to say I got it PERFECT and now no more dome lightshow.
thanks to the foam I didnt even mess up my paint at all. yeah dave I saw this was 5 yrs old, but adding to an existing topic is always better, and some one would have thrown this thread in my face anyway.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts