Team Integra Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've had the car for a good 7 months and since the day I bought it the gap between the door and the rear quarter panel isn't right. The car supposedly hasn't been in any wrecks so I'm wondering if there's just an adjustment I can do? It's not so much that the gap is wide it's more that the door doesn't close all the way, if I could get it to close just 1/4 inch more it's line up fine. Any ideas?

·
Registered
352 Posts
Yeah I did it on my civic. It should be fairly simple if the door is straight.
All you need is a big philips head screw driver. Loosen and displace the metal hook on the rear support: where the door latches onto.
Damn it is hard to explain. I am going to try and find a picture. Hang-on 2 min.

·
Registered
375 Posts
theres actually two dots that needs to line up. It's really small but it should be there. Theres on on the top and one on the left if your lookin at the hook. Took me a year before i noticed

·
Registered
1,504 Posts
The silver metal bracket that the door actually ATTACHES itself too.

Loosen that and play around with the depth. Push it TOWARDS your car...should make that seal sit better.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Use chalk and outline the plate so that when u loosen the striker plateyou know were it originaly was. After that it is just trial and error. You can tell if your door is straight by removing the plate all the way and closing the door to see if everything lines up. If it does not you need to remove the fender and adjust the entire door. I've done it, it's not very hard. Sometimes door start to sag after age and need to be adjusted back into position.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.