Team Integra Forums banner

painting valve cover

1K views 7 replies 7 participants last post by  Adam 
#1 ·
has anyone painted a valve cover before, can someone tell me how to paint it, what kind of paint ect...

#2 ·
First off you have to use paint remover, sand down cover, use a degreaser to make sure everything (oil etc.) is off. stick paper towells in spark and oil holes, paint in thin layers with engine high temp. paint, I suggest also using engine clear coat, allow to dry, reassemble and thats pretty much it. Use the search tool to your left for more info if this isn't enough.

#4 ·
Whats up man I live in mandeville too. I drive a 97 white gsr slammed on stock wheels. At the moment the motor is out of the car being rebuilt by Will and Greg, maybe you know them. Anyway, what's your name and what do you drive.....Ill do your valve cover for you if you supply the paint. Also be sure to get a new valve cover gasket.

#6 ·
If want to get rid of the crinkle coating, take it to a place that does sandblasting and get them to strip it off. Trust me, it's worth it when done properly. When you repaint it, it's very smooth and glossy.

Later,
Roach

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.