Team Integra Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
is it really hard to paint your sideskirts? How much does it cost to get them painted, like range? I dont want to paint them and them not really match up. Please give me feedback. Thanks guys

·
Registered
1,933 Posts
There is an article to paint your side skirts if you havent noticed. Painting isnt really that hard at all, biggest part of it is taking your time to prep the surface, and using the right primer and paint.

·
Registered
1,933 Posts
theres also an article on painting the front lip, and in general its the same procedure, just probably need to sand it alot more.

·
Registered
313 Posts
Dominick331 on Mar/14/04 said:
theres also an article on painting the front lip, and in general its the same procedure, just probably need to sand it alot more.
thanks
, if it makes any differnce its not that lip on all 94-97 tegs but an ITR lip, mine is due for a re-paint this year.

·
Registered
1,933 Posts
No problem, I currently have a project going on of painting my stock mirrors white to match the car (the paint was chipping badly) Luckly I had a spare set of mirrors lying around, So I have been prepping them slow and surely these last few weeks, Im praying for great results.

·
Registered
1,933 Posts
That shouldnt be that hard, can you remove it without taking off the whole bumper?

·
Registered
801 Posts
rough_draft96, painting your sideskirts is really easy. I just painted mine this weekend. It cost me a total of about $12 =) The stock sideskirts are very easy to prepare and just as easy to paint- it just takes some patience. It will take you about 6-8 hours total simply because you have to wait for paint to dry between coats (I used a lot of coats...). Duplicolor makes great color matching paints for almost any application, so you can check them out. If you went to get them painted by a shop, it would run you near $120. Just remember, if you make mistakes on your sideskirts not many people will ever notice. They are low and not very convenient to get super-close to. I have a Vogue Silver Metallic NH-623 Integra and I used Duplicolor Silver Metallic Paint (labelled for Trucks and SUVS). Its pretty darn close. However, I believe the Ultra Silver Metallic would have been the closer match...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts