Team Integra Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 98' Integra GSR and I want to paint my sideskirts frost white to match the rest of my car. My question is, how the hell do I do it? Can I do it myself? Where do I get paint for it? If I have to have a professional do it, about how much would it cost? Thanks for the help

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
Do it if u want your side skirts to get F#%$$%# up argghhhh you cant do everything yourself on your car get it professionally done or else if u do it by yourself they will charge you more for fixing it, i know my body shop does, just makes me happy because i get more money

·
Registered
3,856 Posts
Just get up and go ask some people that you would want to paint 'em. Sometimes you have to get up and give the effort yourself. We don't know what Mr. Painter at Augusta, GA yould charge b/c we've never been to him! Just take some time....get some names of guys that will paint your side skirts, go to their shops and get some price quotes. Then, if ya really want to lend a helping hand, come back here and give us the low down.

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
Can you go to a performance shop to paint the side skirts or is a body shop a better place for a better quality paint job?

·
Registered
321 Posts
most body shops will do it, my friend got quoted 150 to paint his 4th gen prelude side skirts and front lip. i would go for it and dont pay anymore than 225

·
Registered
879 Posts
chrisb180 on Sep/19/02 said:
and for god sakes use the search next time.
I searched and didnt come up with anything so maybe next time instead of saying "hey search idiot" do a search yourself and link what you find.
Quote: IntegraBad18c on Sep/19/02 Just get up and go ask some people that you would want to paint 'em. Sometimes you have to get up and give the effort yourself. We don't know what Mr. Painter at Augusta, GA yould charge b/c we've never been to him! Just take some time....get some names of guys that will paint your side skirts, go to their shops and get some price quotes. Then, if ya really want to lend a helping hand, come back here and give us the low down.
Hmmm you are contridicting yourself almost I mean he is asking what you in turn are asking him to do. He just wants to know if anyone has had their side moulding painted and how much it cost them so he has an idea before he goes driving to a bunch of body shops this isnt a bad question.

·
Registered
5,556 Posts
Painting the sideskirts is a good idea. You need some kind of body kit or something to bring the front and back down a bit. Otherwise the middle of your car looks like its sagging. This is a pic someone put up once of their car. I'd totally paint my skirts now that I've seen this pic. You can see that it makes the middle look way lower than the back bumper though. It lines up alright with the front because of that lip, but the back needs something too.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Thanks for the few helpful posts guys. Particularly knightridergsr, acurasquirrel and Jngrbrdman. I might look into the comptech front lip as well.

·
Registered
5,556 Posts
If you do your sideskirts you need to sand them first. Then primer them. Then paint and then clear coat. If you think you can just pull them off, throw on a couple coats of paint and then throw them back on and have them look good, then you are mistaken. I would say that you will be rolling for a day or two without your sideskirts while you paint them. You could probably sand and prime them in a day. I would use thin coats of paint to reduce runs. That will take awhile all by itself. Then the clear coat. I'd give yourself 2 days where you can spend time on it so its done right. They will definatly look better.

·
Registered
132 Posts
it can be done... it doesnt take a highly skilled painter to do it. the only difference between someone who does it and someone in the body shop who does it... is that the person in the body shop has more experience and know-how... dont forget the tools. if you can do it on your own and you know how to do it... DO IT. save yourself some money. its goin to get scraped and chipped anyway... save yourself some money and do it on your own if you can.

·
Registered
110 Posts
I have a 97 silver integra and im thinking about painting my sides and front lip. now about the rear looking like its missing something i was wondering this... i also have a 94 accord ex 4dr and it looks as if you can remove the rear lip. anyone know if painting and installing this on an integra is possible?

1 - 20 of 21 Posts