Team Integra Forums banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
*UPDATE* so it's been a little over a year now and I just thought I'd update everyone. The color is still matching nicely, and I've had a lot of compliments and questions on the painting, but I'm experiencing chipping.

A LOT of chipping. Each skirt has roughly 20-30 chips in it, each about 1/4" in diameter, and all along the skirt near the top edge.

I thought I did everything right? So before I go back and give it another attempt, any ideas on what went wrong? something in the cleaning/sandpapering steps I figure.
Any help with this is greatly appreciated. i'll have the chipping pics up as soon as I connect my camera
****Pics on page 2****

Ok, so i'm all ready to paint the side skirts, and I found the primer, clear coat, and sand paper.

But I could not find a matching paint color at the auto store. I have a 1999 Vogue Silver teg, and I'm hesitant to get something that may not match it's color. What do I do? Should I wait and try and get it from a dealership? Or does anyone know of a paint brand/number that matches it?

Thanks for the help in advance, appreciate it very much

·
Registered
702 Posts
go online and order...it's pretty expensive where ever you go tho. i'm sure u already know where your paint code is so i dont need to tell you that.

but i've been wanting to paint my skirts too but it just costs too much for the matching paint right now.

·
Registered
327 Posts
What auto store did you go to? When I painted my side skirts I went to Autozone and Kragen and they both carried the color for my car. If you already tried that then do what tommy1223 said.

·
Registered
1,704 Posts
I also have Vogue Silver and these are what other people said they used on their car since Duplicolor doesn't have a color called "vogue silver".

1. Seymour fresh-n-quick aluminum color (I saw a picture of someone who used this and it looked just like the OEM Vogue Silver paint)

2. Duplicolor metallic silver Import auto spray

3. Krylon #1301 "Bright Silver"

Good luck, let me know what you get and if it works so I can try it on mine

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the help you guys, I went to both Kragen and Autozone and they didn't have it, but I think I will try and find something similiar ( I am so impatient, hah.)

I'm going to look for that seymour fresh-n-quick or the duplicolor (thanks dave) and I will make sure to update with how they turned out.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
update, they turned out rather well, except for like one spot where the paint was sprayed too thick and dripped a little. Other than that I like them, although up close, the Duplicolor Import Silver seems slightly lighter. It's not noticeable from any distance, but for a detail freak like me, it's there.

I'll have pictures up some time this afternoon, no sun out yet though.

·
Registered
801 Posts
Hey, I just painted my SS's for my Vogue silver integra. I used Duplicolor Silver Metallic (Made for trucks/suvs/etc). It is close, you can't tell its not color matched unless you know its not stock. However, I would seriously look into trying the Ultra Silver Metallic. I find the regular silver is a bit darker than stock silver. Also, the only real difference is that the Duplicolor paint reflects the blue hues whereas VSM tends to reflect warmer colors more. I don't have pictures yet, but I'm looking for a digicam to get some up.

EDIT
Gnush*t has the Fresh and Quick Silver - that color is a closer match than Duplicolor.

I haven't been able to find Krylon's silver paint, so I cannot comment on that either.

·
Registered
1,898 Posts
Vogue silver is one of the hardest colors to match b/c depending on which factory your car was painted at it can vary in color somewhat. I just ordered my paint for my ITR lip and OEM sideskirts today and the guy asked for the 11th # in my vin so he could find out which factory it came from. It was only $20 for a quart of paint so I recommend going to a paint shop and ordering your own.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks for the help, weather was sh*tty today so no pics up yet, but yeah, I have been having hard luck matching it. I think next time I go on any painting projects it might be worth it to online order it.

·
Registered
801 Posts
flubbs, you can use the Duplicolor silver metallic or ultra silver metallic. Unless you're an extreme perfectionist (which I'm a perfectionist) you won't be able to tell the skirts aren't stock. It is about as close of a match as you will get with shelf paint =)

·
Registered
453 Posts
I also have NH-583M VSM, and I would be very curious how this turned out for you. I want to see some pics of how closely it matched. I have some side skirts that I want to paint too.

·
Registered
321 Posts
eh Tom,

the color you get from a shop won't match the factory color. They will try to blend it in to match but you can always tell the difference on a sunny day. The paint they put on doesn't match the factory paint.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Well, sorry it took sooooo long, but here the pictures finally are. It's looking good, maybe the paint changed or my minds just adjusted the color over the week, but I think it looks pretty good.

They get better looking the father away you are :)

·
Registered
82 Posts
Looks good man i am about to do that on the r-81 dc2. nice Job matches fine from what i can see in the pic

1 - 20 of 33 Posts