Team Integra Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
how would i paint my grill? do i just spray the paint on it, and finish it off w/ clear coating? or do i have to do it w/ the primer, sand it, paint it, then the clear coat.

has anyone painted it before? if so, how did it go. pics would be great!! thanks

·
Registered
549 Posts
Ive been thinkin about doin it, havnt gotten around to it yet, however, everyone Ive talked to who has done it just spray painted it

·
Registered
825 Posts
I have some painted mesh grills if u guyz want....give em to ya for free, all u gotta do is pay fer shippin. Used to sell em on ebay and they are just sitting around. White, and Black is what I have.

·
Registered
3,448 Posts
I used to have one which I spray painted... It took lots of coats because more paint goes through it than on it. It started to flake off in some spots after a little while, but that's probably because I didn't use primer or clean it real well before I painted it.

Mine was painted white to match the car, but I took it off because it looked better unpainted. I also had to cut holes in it for my fog lights and that looked kinda ghetto.

·
Registered
825 Posts
Regular paint works the best from what i recall....Prime it, then dip it. Or take a brush and go over it a couple times. It will keep better that way.

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
so it looks like the priming and sanding it before the paint step work best? ive never tried sanding a grill before...is it that even possible?

·
Registered
8,532 Posts
I painted mine, just did primer then paint though.

You probably can sand a grill, but its probably not worth the effort. Mine hasn't chiped or flaked at all, and I used a black enamel.

·
Registered
62 Posts
anyone have a pic with black teg with black grills? i am thinking about painting mine. but i kinda wanna know how it looks first. THANKS

1 - 10 of 10 Posts