Team Integra Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i was wondering whats the best method and paint to use to paint my 99 gsr wheels. i want them flat black like on the spoon wheels. any opinions would be appreciated. thanks.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
EV4530 on Aug/22/02 said:
Rust-oleum High Heat Enamel
Bar-B-Q Black 7778

Looks really clean and doesnt chip.
thanks where can i find this paint?

·
Registered
8,532 Posts
First you want to make sure your rims are really clean. Give them a good washing with Dawn, this should strip the surface of all oils and waxes.

Then, you need to sand them alittle bit. Use a very light grade of sandpaper, and just get them feeling alittle rough.

Next move on to primer, the primer will coat pretty easily, so I would use 2-3coats.

Finnally, move on to your color coat. I would add at least 4-5 coats to prevent chipping and scratching.

·
Registered
599 Posts
I've seen them around. They don't look too sharp! The colour was like a bluish/gray. I guess it depends on the colour and the quality of the job. I hope it turns out good for you!

·
Registered
359 Posts
im pretty sure it'll come out right, I have a friend who did this on his rims and you could not tell that it was sprayed by him. I almost forgot about that, like Style said, you do have to clean them well and roughen up the surface with sandpaper so the paint will stick. Take your time, make sure you fully sand it, till you see that it has no shine. Now your ready for the primer+

·
Registered
194 Posts
does anyone have pics of their gsr twisties painted. i was wanting to use gunmetal wheel paint but i dont want it to chip, also i want it shiny and what primer should i use

·
Registered
194 Posts
really well then should i get gray or black etching primer should i wet sand primer

1 - 10 of 10 Posts