Team Integra Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
529 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm in need of some help here, I've been searching through old threads looking for pics of those that have painted their exhaust before, but all the pics are old and wont show up. Also I wanted to know if you used a primer to help the paint stick better to the cannister or just scuffed it up using a 3M pad or some light sand paper.

·
Registered
704 Posts
i did my magnaflow catback flat black,well the canister anyway.i just used a scotch brite pad to lightly scuff it and the 1500 high temp flat black...heres the end results..this is not my car but the same exhaust and what inspired me to paint mines...as u can see in the first pic,the muffler is just way to flashy...

ok for some reason the end of the pics are being cut off...heres the link to the thread on h-t..
http://www.honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=538401

·
Registered
704 Posts
its not needed...once its scuffed the paint sticks very well and when that muffler gets hot it will bake it on ...mines has been painted sice the winter started and even through the salt and snow of this nasty winter still looks the same other than being a lil dirty..

1 - 6 of 6 Posts