Team Integra Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a question. I know when painting your calibers, there is a lot of prepping involed before the painting process. I was just wondering, if anyone knew, if you can just remove the calibers and paint them that way?

·
Registered
5,556 Posts
This is how I did it Definatly do a search on it. There are several really great articles on how to do it in here. Its a pretty simple job. Mask off your entire car if you are going to spray paint them (trust me on that one) if you can. Or do it outside. Mask off your rotors and anything else you don't want painted and then go to work.

·
Registered
78 Posts
I used the method described in the articles section as well. They looked great when they were fresh, but as time went on, the paint faded. That's not because of the method in which I applied the paint, cuz the paint is still good, no chips and all, but I think the paint I used wasn't the right kind. I got high-temp engine enamel, thinking it would be alright for the high temps the calipers reach (nowhere near an engine block), but the deep red faded to a reddish-orange. So the point of this long post is: the method in the articles section is good, engine enamel is bad. buy caliper paint.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Oh I bought enamel, where do you get caliper paint??? Has anyone else see this fade with any of their paint??

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I was wondering if you can just remove the caliber off your car, that way you don't have to worry about overspray or getting any on your brakes.

·
Registered
5,556 Posts
I would recommend spraying the paint into a cup and then applying the paint with a brush. I totally should have done it that way.

·
Administrator
43,014 Posts
elitevapor on Aug/28/02 said:
Oh I bought enamel, where do you get caliper paint??? Has anyone else see this fade with any of their paint??
Most auto parts store carry "Plastikoat" (something like that) high temp engine paint, thats good to use..

as for fade... thats a very general thing to ask, its ALL going to depend on the quality of job of who did it.....

·
Registered
3,266 Posts
RPM on Aug/28/02 said:
I was wondering if you can just remove the caliber off your car, that way you don't have to worry about overspray or getting any on your brakes.
you can, but then you have to bleed the brakes and all that... i did it that way, but i wish i would have taken the time to mask it all off instead of bleeding the brakes.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts