Team Integra Forums banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
oh man.. please help! what is this thing?

how do i take it off?

EDIT: well first i didnt even know what the hell that was. so when ppl told me i took it off. aircraft remover worked amazingly (like i was told) idk why i chose gold..

·
Registered
94 Posts
jdm_fantasy on Oct/09/07 said:
Quote: 717teg on Oct/09/07Quote: MeltMan on Oct/09/07You pull to take it off. That is part of the PCV system.

just pull it? and omg lol thanks

ummmm.....wow

haha
dont make fun of him, he's a beginner

·
Registered
696 Posts
Shouldn't it have 2 clamps on it? Usually what I do is take off all the valve cover nuts then pry up the cover, then pull the cover out of the tube as to not crack the side of the tube (had that happen before when trying to bend the tube to take it off with the cover still seated)

·
Registered
1,951 Posts
So buy a new tube. You seriously take your valve cover off to get that breather tube off? Talk about making a mountain out of a mole hill. If you don't have a good set of pliers with some variety, and your pulling it off by hand, that thing can get stuck on there pretty good. Just use a flathead screwdriver to pry it away to get it started. once you've broken its grip, twist and pull at the same time. Those hoses can be a ***** sometimes, moreso than you might think.

If you break it, just go to autozone and tell them to cut you like 2 feet of 1/2" tubing, then when you get home you can cut it to length.

edit: oh crap, i just notice you have the stock intake arm, so you wouldn't need 2 feet of tubing. Like 6 inches, then cut to size.

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
1gTegster on Oct/11/07 said:
regardless its not even a muscle job or expert job, just pull with pliers and get a couple hoses 1 for PCV and 1 solid piece to get rid of the other coolant line.

·
Registered
8,285 Posts
1gTegster on Oct/11/07 said:
regardless its not even a muscle job or expert job, just pull with pliers and get a couple hoses 1 for PCV and 1 solid piece to get rid of the other coolant line.
I'm wanting to ditch those two stupid little metal pipes that are there. It connects that PCV pipe and coolant pipe for some dumb reason... Is it safe to just replace that coolant hose with a single hose? I'm planning to use a catch can off the valve cover, but that metal hose is IN MY WAY!

Blue = Coolant line
Yellow = PCV line
Red = Metal hose

·
Registered
63 Posts
I got rid of mine...
Just make sure you use screw clamps, though.
I was using the other clamps (the ones you can remove with pliers) and it still leaked a lot of coolant!
It was the same size hose diameter and everything!
But for some odd reason, it only leaked from the upper radiator hose housing.
Just be careful and tighten it up!!!

Blue-Coolant Line
Yellow- PVC Line

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
thanks guys. Pretty easy to paint.. I followed the guide on here. Removed the screws used aircraft remover (actual name) and then a plastic scraper to get the paint off. Then went to advanced and picked up some high temp engine paint 500degrees i believe.. Few light coats and there ya go :)

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.