Team Integra Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just curious if anyone had anypictures of a 94-97 model teg with a type R front lip and paint matched stock side skirts (like those black plastic things under your doors)

i was thinking about going with this setup and was just curious how it would look...i've searched for some pictures, but most of the folks i saw just had aftermarket sides or no sides at all with there type r lip. i also believe surfer X has his stock skirts painted, although i could'nt find any pictures of his car either...

any pics or links to pics would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
3,205 Posts
You could just look at a picture of a Type R. The Type R has the same side skirts as everyone else, they are just painted to match.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I had to fix my fender on my teg so at the same time I ask the guys to remove the molding and paint the stock side skirt same color. And it looks good man.

If you want a pic. email me at [email protected]

--
FFWD

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
so i'd guess i'd just go to the shop and give them the official paint code for my ride?, sorry never really had any kind of body work done before...

·
Registered
106 Posts
i dont have a type r lip, but i do have a tsunami lip with my stock side skirts painted. if you want to check out pictures, go to my album . just take it to a body shop and give them the side skirts, and tell them to paint it the color of your car. they'll take the color code number down and paint it for you. thats all i did, was give them the lip and side skirts and left with the car. then i just picked up the lip and skirts and installed them myself, perfect match. hope that helps. peace

·
Registered
5,556 Posts
Someone showed me this picture once and I saved it. Its not a Type R lip I don't think. Nice for a sedan though.

·
Registered
821 Posts
that is a type r lip only for a 97

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
TEXZIBIT on Jan/24/03 said:
How much does it cost to paint the sideskirts? Wouldnt that be a fairly simple DIY?
no, if you have not learned from a professional on how to paint, its pretty hard, considering there are factors such as DUST, overspray, and wetsanding, if you havent done it before, you might as well spend 300 bucks getting it done right, you dont wanna go around with F^*@$# up paint

·
Registered
463 Posts
TeamKinetik on Jan/24/03 said:
Quote: TEXZIBIT on Jan/24/03 How much does it cost to paint the sideskirts? Wouldnt that be a fairly simple DIY?
no, if you have not learned from a professional on how to paint, its pretty hard, considering there are factors such as DUST, overspray, and wetsanding, if you havent done it before, you might as well spend 300 bucks getting it done right, you dont wanna go around with F^*@$# up paint
I wouldn't say DIY painting for sideskirts is that hard. True, painting takes a little practice but it's not rocket science. I, myself have painted multiple body kits and spoilers and can say that with a little practice you can save yourself that $300. Do some research and call some local paint shops for procedures and tips.

·
Registered
227 Posts
Just curious, but the side-skirts have sort of a texture to them. Are these sanded down to a smooth finish before they are painted, or are they painted with the texture still there.

on a side note, a lot of automotive paint stores will rattle can whatever color you want, so I don't really see this as a hard DIY project. I've repainted my bike a few times with PepBoys automotive spray paint, and as long as you go through the proper sanding procedure, and then keep a clean spray booth, everything comes out fine.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts