Team Integra Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got bored today so I decided to paint my calipers black using Duplicolor Caliper Paint (brush on). It was SOO easy to use, you don't even have to mask anything off if you're careful. No pics of the rear but you can use you're imagination. (In case you're wondering, those are the Centric Slotted Rottors and Ultimate Pads from our sponser Pro Parts USA, I'm very happy with the feel of this set-up) But anyway, here are the pics...

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I got the caliper paint from Autozone for $15.99. I put 3 coats on each caliper and there is still 3/4 of the paint left. I wouldn't mind having to re-due it later too, it was pretty simple. You just have to make sure you clean the surface with some brake cleaner (included in the kit) and sand it a little to scuff the surface.

Thanks for the comments!

·
Registered
26 Posts
I used the same brush on kit as you but I painted mine blue. Looks good.

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
is that the brush on kind? I actually have polished calipers. I took them all off polished them then did 3 coats of hi-temp clear. Its been about 4 months and they are still olding up. But i think eventually they will start to corrode again so i was thinking about using the brush on kit and doin them black

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
matmattmatthew on Feb/11/06 said:
is that the brush on kind?
Yes it's the brush on kind, it comes as a complete kit with brake cleaner, paint, brush, stir stick and masking tape.

danteisme: It's the 94-97 type-r lip from our sponsor
Carbon-Fiber-Products. Fitment was good and customer service was awesome!

·
Registered
1,599 Posts
looks good i'm gonna be doing that to my teg as soon as nyc weather clears up

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.