Team Integra Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,823 Posts
Definitely a paint reaction. What did you do to the factory paint before you sprayed the first coat? And you shouldnt be spraying anything on the paint between coats, just use a tack cloth.

·
Premium Member
2,823 Posts
go on youtube and watch paint society his name is brian he gives the best information on how to do all types of paint jobs on cars he works at an acura dealership
I second this, brian has helped me out a numerous occasions with my car's work. He's really what led me to painting my car myself in my garage. His videos are really easy to follow, its crazy to think that his gig at Acura is only a part time evening thing. He's main career is teaching (as you can tell by his videos presentation.)

·
Premium Member
2,823 Posts
PPG does make car paint. Go to a local paint shop and have them match your color code.
I had my car done at Maaco years ago. They used enamel-based paint. When I went to repaint my car I went with PPG Omni and that is urethane. They didn’t play well.
Here’s something I found you can read on.
Automotive Paint Problems? Here Are The Causes and Solutions - PChrome
I used PPG Omni as well when i painted my car. Its a good product as long as it plays nicely with the other layers on the car.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts