Team Integra Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We were talking about this in the WA forum, but I decided to share it here because it so freaky cool. Don't steal my idea now! Unless you get preapproval from me.

Check out this website for pictures of the lectra finish. Get that finish on your champ white. Oh boy. My stomach is getting all fluttery just thinking about it.

Edit: Alright. I got too excited. Here's a pic. Now keep in mind that isn't airbrushed, that's the finish of the paint.

Edit # 2: Oh my. Look at this. If you don't get your car painted like this, then I will. Excuse me while I head to the bathroom.

Can you imagine my car with that red color. Oh man. I gotta get me some of that.

·
Registered
5,556 Posts
That's kind of wild. I don't know that I'd go for it though. It would be cool on a show car probably, but you would lose those deep reflections you get from a crystal clear paint job. All you are really going to get are reflections off the gloss of the clear coat. I would probably end up going nuts and polishing it all off because it looks like swirls or something. lol That is a pretty neat idea though. Very cool for show.

·
Registered
1,143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Jngrbrdman on Feb/25/04 said:
I would probably end up going nuts and polishing it all off because it looks like swirls or something.
Hey! That's another good part about this paint! You'd never see swirls!

I'm gonna get deep maroon base with a Milano Red top coat.

I'm just going to pull up to shows and they will tell me not to waste my time, here's the trophies.

I took a look at the "How-To" for that style of paint and here is the "skinny". Ha, I haven't used that word in a long time.

First you have a base color with clearcoat. It can be anything. I'm going to use a deep dark maroon. Then after that has had time to fully cure along with at least 2 coats of clear then you hit it with this Lectra-Finish. This stuff is kind of neat, it's a crystal that freezes like ice does on a window when it's freaky cold out. You let that stuff dry for 5 minutes to 3 hours depending on how big you want your "crystals" and what the conditions are (temperature and humidity). Then you lay a light coat of something else (I'm choosing Milano Red, gotta keep it in there somewhere). You let that cure and then you take a smooth sponge and water and just wipe away. The crystals are water soluble and they melt away. So where the crystal was the paint and crystal is wiped away and where the paint adhered to the clear coat, that stays your second color leaving a crystal like effect of the two different colors. Then of course you lay down a few coats of clear. Problem with this stuff is it will be impossible to match. You would have to respray the whole car if you had to replace your fender. And hence it would be impossible to touch up.

So someone find me a 20' enclosed car trailer to buy! NOW, PEOPLE!!!

·
Registered
1,385 Posts
hey, I've seen that before in person, looked awsome. Also, it was split, the front quarter was dont in a blue version and the back 3/4 was regular white, and the part where the met was air brushed as if it was torn.

·
Registered
10,995 Posts
Not feeling it at all. It would definately be different though.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.