Team Integra Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,790 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok, the original owner of my car had one of the visor things for the sunroof and i guess took it off for whatever reason. well, when he took it off it messed up the paint prety pad. i tried buffin it out, i tried polishin compound and its still there. is there anything else i can do or should i just buy another one(although im not particularly inlove with them) and cover it up? i hate the way it looks right now.

·
Registered
496 Posts
I would say your options are get a new one or get a paint job on your roof. i took my visor off, but after seeing the poor condition of the paint, i put it back on until I can afford to get it repainted.

·
Registered
5,556 Posts
Not much you can do about that. You would have to seriously do some cutting to get that off of there. Either cover it up or try to live with it. If I had something like that on my car then I would probably have to put the visor back on.

·
Registered
16,250 Posts
It did that to my LS as well. I never would of put it on if I knew it destroyed the paint. What I did was took it off and cleaned it up. I put touch up paint on the deep scratches and then waxed the area heavily and put it back on.

Basically once your teg has one, it needs to have one unless you repair the damage.

·
Registered
99 Posts
you can put down a protective film before installing a visor. 3M makes some polyurethane stuff i think. BTW the damage on your roof looks like it's into the primer, or possibly the ALPO layer. When it's that deep (through your clearcoat and basecoat) you'll have to get it repainted -polishing or sanding will only cause more damage if this is the case. Or are those marks actually surface build-up? i can't tell from the photo. please expound.

·
Registered
16,250 Posts
Your first guess was correct. It wears the paint down to the primer/metal =( If its left on for 6 months or so you have a better chance of saving the roof.

·
Registered
1,324 Posts
my teg had a visor on it as well, but it didn't do near as much damage to the paint as it did with you guys. Mine has a very light paint elevation differance and thats about it, have to look hard to even see it, so i wouldn't say it happens to every teg with one. Maybe if it isn't kept tight and is allowed to move?
Ryan

·
Registered
5,556 Posts
G3gocart on Mar/07/04 said:
my teg had a visor on it as well, but it didn't do near as much damage to the paint as it did with you guys. Mine has a very light paint elevation differance and thats about it, have to look hard to even see it, so i wouldn't say it happens to every teg with one. Maybe if it isn't kept tight and is allowed to move?
Ryan
That's the thing right there. If it doesn't move then it won't cause nearly as much damage. If you put it on a clean surface it will be better too. That damage is caused by dirt and water being able to get under th visor and rubbing the paint. Its the same kind of line that leaving a car bra on your car forever will make. Whoever put it on didn't do a very good job of it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts