Team Integra Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2,082 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sup everyone. I'm getting a new paintjob soon (still keeping it black but just my 95 granada black isnt what it used to be, not to mention all the dents that have accumulated over the years). I have a CF hood and was thinking about painting that too. But I would paint it along the body lines. Anyone have any photos of this? I found this one but it isnt exactly what I'm talking about. The hood for jdm fronts has more of a "V" style to the lines as well so I think it might look good.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Pawwalski on Feb/14/04 said:
I've seen a red CF hood but it looked kinda lame.

I think the best color for CF is CF :)
i think a red cf hood would look hot but ive never seen one on a teg, only a civic....

·
Registered
2,082 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
nah, I didnt mean colored carbon fiber, I meant painting OVER the CF but just on the body lines (like the picture above but up to the creases.

·
Registered
6,059 Posts
You're car is black so wouldnt really work, but I've seen CF hoods painted with a thin coat of color so that it matches the car, but the CF shows through. Looked pretty good.

·
Registered
801 Posts
Look at Outkast24's Cardomain site. His wife's civic has the body lines painted. Also, PM me if you wish to have me photoshop you a pic. Just supply a car of the color you're painting =)

·
Registered
41 Posts
My friends uncle has it done on his Lexus IS300's carbon fiber hood and it looks very nice. The only color car i recommend doing it on is black or charcoal.

·
Registered
765 Posts
I think carbon fiber would look bad ass up against a new black paint job if you paint the body lines or not. Whatever you choose make sure to post some pics.

·
Registered
8,083 Posts
I really really think it is a waste of time, especially on an already black car. The CF is already black!

That's just my opinion, but if you want to do it, do it and post pics!

·
Registered
470 Posts
IMO, paint it. I like my CF functional and hidden (although for true functionality and really light CF hood, I guess the hood pins would give it away
).

·
Registered
283 Posts
i got a black cf hood, and my ride is black, and it looks great! trust me, u gotta be blind if u cant notice the hood with a blk car.. yes the cf hood is dark but aint fully blk

1 - 14 of 14 Posts