Team Integra Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The 99 Teg that I just bought seems to have been in an accident as the drivers side door is not the exact same colour as the rest of the car. It is a slightly off silver. Is there something I can do besides repainting the whole car for it to match better? Like waxing or buffing etc??

·
Registered
1,410 Posts
If you take it to a good body shop, they should be able to blend the paint for you (paint the door body parts close to the door, as they fade it out).
Also, just so you know, Silver's the hardest color to match, so best of luck :)

·
Registered
461 Posts
I can vouch with the silver being hard to match. I fought with a body shop because they didn't match my paint to well on my front bumper and ended up getting the insurence involved again and then they repainted it and got it right. but the best thing to do is have it faided in.

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The car has already been painted by the previous owner, and now the drivers side door does not match the back of the car. Is there anything that I can do to decrease the differecen now that it has been painted already?

·
Registered
1,410 Posts
yeah, smooth, there is something you can do: get it blended (going to have to repaint the area). Rubbing wax or silicon based products on your paint isn't going to do jack for you.

·
Registered
301 Posts
i agree w/ roundle, if its only one door that doesnt match, then you should just get it repainted if it bothers you that much. i mean, even if there were some kinda wax you can use, do you really want to use it on only one area of your car forever? i wouldnt. and besides, it might not even be a perfect match.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts