Team Integra Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i saw alot of cars on here that only painted the outside of their tegs. i was just wondering how much they paid for their paint job. i only want to repaint the outside of the car. most likely sticking with the original color.

·
Registered
3,296 Posts
most shop charge 1500 to 2000 that only if there no dents, or any other damaged of course, price would be vary from one shop to a other ,I would just pick up a phone book, and make some call for a quote

·
Registered
35,673 Posts
There's a whole range of paint jobs.

There's the cheap ones that run a few hundred bucks. These have very little prepwork and they spray quickly so there may be mistakes or inconsistent coverage.

The expensive jobs match or even surpass your factory paint work. They spend more time prepping, pulling out dents, spray slowly, etc. These cost in excess of $2000, sometimes as high as $3000 or $4000 depending on the quality.

The best thing you can do is take your car to a few different shops and get some prices.

·
Registered
5,794 Posts
TheGSRGuy on Jan/26/06 said:
There's a whole range of paint jobs.

There's the cheap ones that run a few hundred bucks. These have very little prepwork and they spray quickly so there may be mistakes or inconsistent coverage.

The expensive jobs match or even surpass your factory paint work. They spend more time prepping, pulling out dents, spray slowly, etc. These cost in excess of $2000, sometimes as high as $3000 or $4000 depending on the quality.

The best thing you can do is take your car to a few different shops and get some prices.
Ive got over $2000 in paint materials on my car alone(granted its expensive custom paint), not including labor or shop markup(wholesale price on paint)... You want good stuff you'll pay for it. $4000 isn't even anything too far fetched to pull... Ive seen a few at 5-7k and up around 10-12 run through where i work in the last few months, and often on cars you would never expect. Keep in mind most people are not willing to pay that money however. Want something expensive? A hot rod shop near me charges a minimum of $30,000 for a complete paintjob, and it goes up from there.

If a paintjob is under $1000, i wouldn't buy it IMO... Good paint materials are expensive, and by the time you add the cost of labor, its hard to use quality paint and keep it under 1k. Now if you do all the prep and whatnot it isn't unrealistic, but if thats from start to finish id be cautious.

Keep in mind, that the average person doesn't really know a whole lot about paint so dont take everyones opinion on what is a good job, because unless someone knows what to look for how will they know if its a good job other than its shiny when they got it (which i would hope it would be lol). I've seen plenty of people swear their car is in mint condition, never been painted etc etc... and when you go look at their car you find countless flaws. Most of this stuff you probably wont see in a picture.

If you want good paint materials, i recommend PPG due to the fact that they are excellent quality, but also for the reason they offer a collision center certification program thats the largest in the nation by a longshot with something like 2000 shops whereas the next one down the line has a few hundred.... Having a paintjob done there ensures that the shop knows how to use the products properly, as well as that they are set to offer a minimum level of gaurantee on their work. If you have a problem with their paint (warranty related) you can bring it to any shop with the certification for repair.

·
Registered
207 Posts
5k-10k for a paintjob?????!!!!!!! if it makes my car go faster at the same time cool. but if i can just wax and make my paintjob look super cool, ill stay in the 1k-2k range.

·
Registered
3,891 Posts
if your on a budget id suggest a single stage 300 $ paint job from maaco. After the paint dries after about 3 weeks id take it to a smaller body shop and have them fine sand / clear coat it so it can last for maybe 2-300 dollars. If your willing to spend a little extra right off the bat the lowest a shop will go for a base coat / clear coat setup is around $1200, and im talking Thats the best price your going to get unless you know them from previously. A base coat / clear coat paint job is ideal though.

·
Registered
2,219 Posts
i paid 245 for the paint and booth. going to paint it myself at school the comming wednesday my car gonna be all shinning again

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.