Team Integra Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey, i brought my car used and it has a few small scratches and some chipped paint. Four days after i brought my car someone at school keyed my car down to the paint from the front fender to the rear quater pannel down to the paint on both sides. I was devistated, but i figure that its a great time to get a new paintjob. From your expirence how much is this going to cost me? any estimates?

·
Registered
2,082 Posts
Do you have full coverage insurance? I hope so because then all you have to do it pay the deductable and you have a brand new paint job. As far as cost, thats been covered. It really depends on where you go, what you get done, and what color you choose.

·
Registered
7,037 Posts
Trying to find out a price on a paint job is like trying find a car price, it's going to be different in every state,city,town,and bodyshop you go to. The going rate however nationally for a good paint job is about $2200-$3000 or so and up, again depending on where you go and how good they are.

·
Registered
1,898 Posts
Cheep=800-1000
Decent=1200-1600
Good=1600-2000
Show Quality 4000+

I paid about 3,500 for a pearl paint job w/o orange peel but its about how much your want to spend.

·
Registered
874 Posts
yeah, expect to spend anywhere from 2000 up to 4000 for a super nice paint job.

·
Registered
2,763 Posts
acuratyperick on Feb/15/04 said:
will this include taking some minor dents out also
It should, I got quoted about $3600 for a paint job. Included all dents removed, shaved rear squirter, shaved moldings, front emblem and license plate holes, door jams, under the hood, and hatch.

·
Registered
874 Posts
more than likely theyll be able to perform PDR, or Paintless Dent Repair, where they "pop" the dents out. bodywork of any sort can really range in price...why i stated such a large variation above. so just look around for a reputable body shop and check em out.

·
Registered
2,276 Posts
Find out how much it would be just to get the major problem areas fixed. That scratch plus paintless dent removal on some other dents and what now. Has to be cheaper than a brand new paint job!

·
Registered
1,301 Posts
im glad i have a buddy in the paint buisness, i got an AMAZING paint job for 1400CDN with a bit of rust it was great hope you can find a good deal man, and srry to here bout the key incident

1 - 14 of 14 Posts