Team Integra Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,577 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok heres the deal. i want to paint my skirts. i already read all the articles and got most supplies and am readu to go except one thing...
PAINT ! i cant find it for the life of me. i got taffeta white white is brighter than any other one out there. i went to 3 auto part stores and the closest i can find is frost. they got other paints for cars but not import such as:cloud white, forst white, bright white, and a few others.

***does anyone know if any of these will match?? i called the dealer and they cant sell me my color in spray cans
im going to hit up the phone book and start calling paint places to see if they can mix something for me but wanted to post here first since i know how many smart peeps we got on here

anyone??????

·
Registered
739 Posts
i have a 94 ls and my colour is frost white, i went to a local paint store and they mixed me the colour code that was in my car for $10 canadian for a spray can

·
Registered
156 Posts
did you check all the paint year books? they have books for each year since the automotive industry changes the colors from year to year with the new vehicles.

·
Registered
878 Posts
it sounds wierd but hobby shops such as the ones that sell remote control cars and such, usualy have hugh selections of those hard to find colors.. i found the exact match to my body paint there in the spray can and did the interior peices with it.. hope that helps..

·
Registered
1,577 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
ok i just got off the phone with a place and they can sell me a pint of my paint for:
16$ (cost of 3 cans)
10$ pint of paint
10% to match it up to my color

he also said that he wouldtn recomend i do it with cans since "the paint might tint a bit due to the reaction of the aresol"
i ve seen peeps who did it them self and it came out good, ne comments on this???

·
Registered
1,577 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
i didnt mean 10% i meant 10$ my bad
so far this the best thing i found

also do u think i should get them to match it up to my existing color for 10$ or have them just mix it like if it were brand new?? my car is 01' but i guess i should have some fading over the last couple of years

·
Registered
1,776 Posts
You can buy Tafetta white paint at autozone, murrays, or any other place that sells duplicolor as furious94ls said. Plasti-Kote makes Tafetta white as well. I've used both for me car.

This part is confu5ing:
"i cant find it for the life of me. i got taffeta white white is brighter than any other one out there. "
you can't find tafetta white paint at all OR are you saying that the tafetta white you found doesn't match your car because your car is brighter?

www.paintscratch.com also sells tafetta white paints but they are pricey.

·
Registered
1,577 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
i cant find taffeta white at all except for the place i just called. what i meant by that was that i cant find it at all and the whites that i find arent as bright as taffeta white

·
Registered
3,069 Posts
Paintscratch.com will sell you a 12.5oz spray can of taffetta white for $29.95. I would slap someone for making a decision to spend $29.95 on a can of paint that they could have bought at Autozone or any local auto parts store for $7. Cayenne Red Pearl R505P is one of the only integra colors that duplicolor doesn't make. I had to order a can of paint from paintscratch. Don't do it. You'll need two cans and that's already $60. For the amount of money spent you could get a local body shop to professionally paint them for about $80-$100. Just keep checking the local auto stores and places like hobby lobby and walmart until you find it. Also, home depot could match the paint for you if you could bring them a sample.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.