Team Integra Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
7,037 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to get a pacesetter monza catback for my gen1 im just wondering if anyone here has had them and if they sound good and if maybe they have noticed any performace gains, loudness of them and any other info you can provide. The reason I am considiring it is because it is the only exhaust system I have found that is avaliable for a G1. Iv'e heard from a few people they sound like crap in which case I was wondering if I could get the system and just put on a different tip? Any Ideas? Thanks in advance.

~Shadow

·
Registered
3,856 Posts
Well, in your case I would just put together my own exhaust. The Monza exhaust seems to be poorly built, a lot like OBX. Also, there just isn't enough information to call it safe. Changing the tip won't help either with noise either.

If I were you I would get a shop to mandrel bend me some 2.25" tubing and get me a 2.25" resonator to go somewhere right after the cat. The length of the resonator will make the biggest difference in sound. A high flow catalytic converter, preferably Carsound, would be in order. Also, try to get a hold of a 2.25" inlet twin pass muffler. These are found on the Hytech exhaust system, and from what SurferX is telling people, it sounds *****in'! Give www.vrsexhaust.com a line. They bent me some tubing, so see if they can do the same for you.

·
Registered
829 Posts
Dont get it. I had it on my car and it rusted out with in less than a year. So my sugescion is not to get it. Spend the extra money and get a good exhaust if you intend to keep the car for more than a year.

·
Registered
1,410 Posts
The pacesetter monza products are certainaly not the highest quality products however, they will certainly provide a lot of bang for the buck and they'll also bolt right up. Since you have a Gen 1, you probably will not need the exhaust to last more than 3 years, tops (being realistic).

I'd personally recommend the pacesetter over having to go through the hassle of having someone develop a custom system.

·
Registered
1,435 Posts
if your saving for a G3 - save your money , I wouldn't recommend putting money into mods on a car you don't intend to keep - just drive it into the ground and then get your G3 -

·
Registered
7,037 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Hey hey lets not hate on the g1 shes got 200k on her and she dosent like to be called old, no respect for women I tell ya, shes like aged wine nice and fine and still has some zing left to her yet, youll see when I get her to 400,000. Just to spite everyone who thinks my cars going to fall apart.. ill be driving her when theres no floorboards or roof or nothin like a convertible only with out the top and bottom.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.