Team Integra Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 1995 integra ls special edition with b18b p75 ecu I've got dc headers and full exhaust AEM short ram skunk2 intake manifold and throttle body looking to chipped the ecu before going to rebuild the motor. No ticks or knocks 260k miles had head done at 200k just changed timing belt and water pump last weekend. Trying to get around 250whp without turbo. And ideas on a good chip setup?

·
Administrator
3,612 Posts
Just an FYI....you're not going to get 250whp without going turbo. The modifications required would be "tens of thousands", and it wouldn't be driveable, or capable of pump fuel. If you're looking for 250+whp, put on a small turbo, and call it the day. If you're hell bent on staying N/A, swap a K24 block, K20A head, and a mild set of cams. It's an easy 250+whp achievement, while being able to utilize 93 octane.

I

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I had a feeling people were going to say that. I'm not really against turbos it's just I've always heard once you do the you will be constantly working on it. You know a brand that's cheap but good?

·
Administrator
3,612 Posts
You know a brand that's cheap but good?
This statement right here is the main culprit of unreliability, and "constantly working on it". You can't be cheap with the parts and expect a reliable setup. If you want OEM reliability with your goals, I highly recommend a K-swap (non-turbo).

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I appreciate the help. I think I'm going to do the turbo I have a 7-8 grand budget with this car but my goals are alot more than just the motor I want it inside and out to look close to new again and ride like new. But I have been looking into the k swap and it isnt out of the question yet this is just a side project to do for the next year or so what's the most hp I'll get with just add ons? Like intake exhaust chipped mild cams ect. I think its 142 stock I'm not exactly sure.

·
Administrator
3,612 Posts
The b18b with basic bolt-ons might see 145whp (wheel hp).

1 - 6 of 6 Posts