Team Integra Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Just got the P0134 code (02 Sensor Circuit No Activity Detected (Bank I Sensor 1) again today....

I assume that I need to replace the O2 sensor on my 2004 RSX (automatic) with 115,000 miles on it.....

Would this be the primary fuel to air ratio sensor or the downstream of catalytic converter sensor? That's what parts place is asking me when I want them to quote price for sensor....

If I do it myself, OK to buy aftermarket part? If so, which one is good and easy to install?

How difficult is it to replace myself or should I have dealer do it for me?

Do I need to jack up car to replace it?

If I take to dealer, how much do they usually charge for this?

Thanks!

·
Registered
10,393 Posts
I haven't work on an RSX, but replacing an O2 sensor should be very easy. The Bank 1 should be the one closest to the engine. You should find the sensor on the lower side of the header (right after the merge near the cat area).

Replacing it is as simple as using a wrench and unbolt the sensor, disconnect the connector. Put 1 tiny drop of anti-seize on the new sensor's thread (normally they came with some already, in case it didn't) then just thread the new sensor back in, and plug it back.

Taking it to the dealer will be expensive. Normally they charge anywhere from 100-150$+ JUST THE SENSOR ITSELF... Just go with aftermarket one like NGK or Bosch.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts