Team Integra Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 97 ls overheats whenever i stop, but when i turn on the heater to full blast the gauge goes down to normal, thats the only way to keep it at normal, plus my car idles at like 2500 to 3000 could that be a factor??, please somone point me in the right direction, im out of ideas, any help will greatly be appreciated

·
Registered
930 Posts
If it is overheating when stopped, you are probably low on coolant. When it is cooled off, open the rad cap and check the level in the radiator and the resevior. If they are low, obviously fill it.

Then you have to figure out where the coolant is going.

·
Registered
201 Posts
hey i had the same problem about a month ago and i actually have the same car lol....but anyways i changed my thermostat and the problem still presist and then i had it checked out and it ended up being my exhaust clogged up so i put my new apexi in and ls vtec lol (which i am about to finish tomarrow!) but yeah so check the following

thermostat
bad head gasket
intake manifold sensor
exhaust build up / clog (in the cat or resonator or collector)

good luck bro

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
idk, It might be the water pump that could be the culprit, thats getting changed when I get some money, but my heat works fine and coolant is circulating through the hoses, im stumped

·
Registered
272 Posts
If coolant is circulating then how would water pump be an issue? Have you pressure tested your cooling system yet including radiator cap? That would be a place to start...

·
Registered
150 Posts
maybe the thermostat...oh and you have to check the smaller coolant hoses behind and around the intake manifold. I once had an overheat from a small crack in a hose cramped behind the intake manifold. keep us updated.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Could be air in the coolant, check level and bleed it. My car (for some reason) overheated when I used the Dex Cool coolant, no matter how much I bled it, etc. Bad radiator cap is a good idea as well.

·
Registered
448 Posts
You need to look right behind the water pump, driver side rear corner of engine. If the pump fails, it is purposely designed to spring a leak back there, and btw it will still circulate coolant even though it goes bad . It is hard to detect. A leak like that, or an old radiator cap will lower the boiling pt. of your coolant enough to form airvoids and steam in your coolant system, which is bad. It is most likely your water pump or a radiator issue (either bad cap or hairline crack if you have the original one)

·
Premium Member
1996 LS Manual Hatchback
2,509 Posts
do you feel any loss of power and does your coolant level always go down over time even if it's minor?? is your car puffing a small bit of white smoke through the exhaust? because mine had the same symptoms and after replacing all hoses and the thermostat, it turned out my headgasket was cracked and needed to be replaced since the last time it was changed a few months before it had been torqued wrong. Fixed all of my issues.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.