Team Integra Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, for about a month now, i have had the same problem many TIs have, crack in the radiator. So i went out and bought a replace ($80!). install went okay, but I am 100% sure that it is installed correctly. now...heres the problem. I was driving back to school, (it was about 50 degrees out and sunday, plus I have a black car) and the temp gauge rises. it was passed H for about 5-6 minutes cuz there was no exit on the highway for a while and stayed at H. so i pull over, dreading what i must do next, but i put my hand on my hood (a black hood out on a sunny day) and it is warm, not hot at all, just as if it were sitting outside, which it was. I drove the rest of the way, and still nothing is hot or overheating....soo...
here are the facts:
new radiator
no leaks at all (checked all hoses)
coolant level is good

is it the thermostat? if the thermostat is bad, wouldnt I REALLY be overheating??
could it be a temperature sensor?
water pump?
head gasket?
Im clueless, but happy the car wasnt actually overheating. Im thinking it is the tempertaure sensor b/c with the cracked radiator, teh temp gauge never got passed H, actually never reached H. plus when I got it looked at, the shop said it was def the crack in the radiator causes the engine to overheat..any ideas?

EDIT: sometimes when Im in neutral, the rpms will surge from 1k-2k and back down then 1k to 2k etc...whats this mean?

·
The Enforcer!
5,803 Posts
my car did the samething. my raditor cracked, changed the raditor adn it was still over heating. changed teh themorstat, problem fixed

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
yes the coolant level is fine

justyncredible--was your engine REALLY overheating after you installed the new radiator? or was it just the temp gauge rising...or do you not know?? thanx

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
sorry to bump, but i need to fix this problem by tom. Im a commuter and need my car...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts