Team Integra Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So this might be my paranoia or Im not sure but I think my integra has been overheating. I just changed my thermostat as when I checked it, there wasn't one to even begin with (weird). My gauge stays below half and my coolant stays full but my engine I feel like is still way too hot. The fans also don't kick in unless I turn my ac on and Im not sure what else to check. Im really stumped...

·
Administrator
3,712 Posts
You didn't say why you think it's hot. You only said, "I feel like is still way too hot", which doesn't help us.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You didn't say why you think it's hot. You only said, "I feel like is still way too hot", which doesn't help us.
My bad. The engine felt too hot as it would be need the fans too kick in, but they don't.

·
Administrator
3,712 Posts
The thermostat on these vehicles don't open until 180-ish degrees. There's no way for you to know that your engine "felt hot". You need to check and verify the coolant temperature, accurately

·
Registered
1,475 Posts
Check the fan relay. It probably needs to be replaced.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I've been through a few radiators and caps but my mechanic said it was because the last two radiators were old (OEM honda ones and one I bought used). Might this be a head gasket problem?

·
Administrator
3,712 Posts
I've been through a few radiators and caps but my mechanic said it was because the last two radiators were old (OEM honda ones and one I bought used). Might this be a head gasket problem?
What "problem"? A problem hasn't been identified as of yet. To me, everything is operating as it should.

·
Registered
1 Posts
So this might be my paranoia or Im not sure but I think my integra has been overheating. I just changed my thermostat as when I checked it, there wasn't one to even begin with (weird). My gauge stays below half and my coolant stays full but my engine I feel like is still way too hot. The fans also don't kick in unless I turn my ac on and Im not sure what else to check. Im really stumped...
Dont be paranoid, my integra operates at alittle bit below half as well. The engine itself will feel very hot. As long as the gauge temperature doesn’t fluctuate too much (eg. Suddenly went over half, then drops all the way below half), then everything is operating normally.

If you’re still paranoid since I’m not actually a mechanic (even when I’ve diagnosed and repaired my cooling system before, and that doesn’t sate your worries), then it’s always a good idea to ask a local mechanic for advice. Just don’t tell them your car has problems, since they’ll want to make money off you for something that has no problems

1 - 8 of 8 Posts