Team Integra Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys, sorry for what seems like a dumb question however I can’t get an exact answer when I google the question. My Question is what’s the original motor in my 1998 integra GS 4dr manual transmission? B18A1, B18B1etc? Reason I'm asking is because I recently go a mod exhaust ticket and here in Cali and I heard I will most likely have to go see the state reff…. And I currently have a B20B motor which will not pass a state reff inspection. (I bought the car like this already). Im thinking of going back stock and wanted to know what motor to be looking for. Thanks in advance your the help :)

· Registered
118 Posts
Isn't one of the deciding characteristics that makes a GSR a GSR the fact that it has vtec? That would make its stock engine a B18C1.

And you are correct, according to California laws, the B20B engine you have would fail you out the gate because that motor was never used in a car. It's classified as a truck motor. However, one would have to actually be checking numbers (or be familiar with the family marking right on the side of the motor) to catch the difference. The block is externally identical to the B18 motors.

· Registered
1 Posts
Isn't one of the deciding characteristics that makes a GSR a GSR the fact that it has vtec? That would make its stock engine a B18C1. And you are correct, according to California laws, the B20B engine you have would fail you out the gate because that motor was never used in a car. It's classified as a truck motor. However, one would have to actually be checking numbers (or be familiar with the family marking right on the side of the motor) to catch the difference. The block is externally identical to the B18 motors.
My model is GS not GSR

1 - 5 of 5 Posts