Team Integra Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondering how many people are still using original clutch and whats your mileage? Ive got 123,000 miles on mine right now. I bought my dvp gsr new in 2000 and its well taken care of.

·
Registered
2,358 Posts
When I had bought my car it had the orginal clutch.. over 200k miles.. and it was raced with nitrous on the dragstrip a few times. But then again I have a g2.. their built better and last longer... lol jp

·
Registered
708 Posts
Still got the original clutch with 161,000 miles. Sometimes I don't think that thing will ever give out.

·
Registered
457 Posts
I put a new clutch in my current teg at about 140K miles (the guy I bought the car from had actually already bought the clutch, but just never put it in). I sold my last teg with over 150K miles on it, and it still had the original clutch, and it was just as smooth as it had been the day I bought the car (bought the car with about 25K miles on it).

So, my experience was that an unabused stock clutch could easily provide 150K miles worth of reliable service.

·
Registered
10,778 Posts
Mine went out on me around 100k but then again I used to drag it a lot back then and I always down shift and I'm sure that takes its toll. Not so much now since i learned rev matching and heel toe. I have an exedy stage one and will be upgrading when i get that turbo installed

·
Registered
2,224 Posts
lol a friend has his last 125k but after just a few days of extremely hard driving it went. Another one of my friends bougght his car brand new in 01, and put only 55k on his car before his clutch was USELESS.. lol go figure.

·
Banned
1,961 Posts
If your clutch is going out at 55k, you are a worthless driver..lol, im serious.

Even if you "beat" on our cars, I could imagine the clutch lasting an average of 150k miles...

I have no clue what kind of shifting your friend was doing. He should sell the manual teg and get an automatic if he shifts that poorly.

The thing to worry about is speed of clutch engagement/disengagement, and the duration of that movement. Not to mention you have to be shifting it correctly. All those misshifts or grinds arent good for either clutch or transmission (poor synchros!).

Id say 150k then switch it, its old, lol new clutch= more power anyways.

Im at about 137k, ill change mine when I build up the engine...Clutchmaster FX300 baby!

Lates!

·
Registered
417 Posts
Yeah, I even learned how to drive stick on my teg and the clutch is still great at 140k. I say I've driven about the last 40k. It was my brothers car so he learned on it too, so that's two new drivers and about 100k miles (bought it used)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.