Team Integra Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
476 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
um.. i just painted my body kit.. well not me but my dad.. but then in the end it kinda look like an orange peel.. it was smooth and glossy and all.. but in the sunlight you could see some sort of a "orange peel" look.. i was wondering if any of you guys know a way to fix that.. is the air pressure to high? or the flow of paint commin in too fast? help if you can.. thx...

·
Registered
8,532 Posts
Alot of different things can cause orange peel. The best way to address it is wetsanding :D

·
Registered
476 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
what if there's already 2 coats of clear gloss? so i gotta start all over again? or is there another way?

·
Registered
8,532 Posts
You just wetsand the top coat, it should flatten out. You can always put another few coats on after you wetsand it if you can figure out what caused it to orange peel in the first place.

·
Registered
476 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
hmm.. i see.. thx for the info.. we'll see what happens... better turn out good... i hope..

·
Registered
5,556 Posts
A common cause for 'orange peel' (and, yes, that is the technical term for it. Good guess!) is thin paint. If you put the paint on too thin then that is what you get. It could be the paint and it could be the application. Who knows...? Wetsanding is the solution though. Here is a search on Autopia for orange peel hope that helps a bit. Its not uncommon even for factory paint jobs. Don't be too hard on your dad for it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts