Team Integra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys... i just walked in the door from takin the integra im about to buy for a test drive. All i can say is wow... integras are incredible, these cars are so nice. its a 94 ls, auto
, but hey who cares.. anyways im wondering if this sounds like a fair price to all of you. The girl wants $4000 for it, and that seems like a deal right off... but then you consider the milage and all that's been wrong with the car. It has 115,000 miles on it, and its been in 2 minor front end accidents, all repaired, the whole front end is brand new, except for a cracked blinker lens, which ill prolly put clear corners on anyways. The logos, aftermarket fog lights and rear wiper arm was ripped off by some freaking idiot in the city one night, and the headliners like been torn and been hot glued lol in 2 places. not too bad i thought. then i opened the hood. not too dirty of anything... then i checked the oil... wtf!
no oil! it had like one little drop on the end of the dipstick... dumb girl lol. i was afraid to really wind it out when i drove it, much less drive it at all.. but anyways its a real nice car, and i was just wondering all your thoughts on price and reliability with such high miles. thanks and see ya around.

-Rory

·
Registered
551 Posts
well i have a 94 LS auto, and i payed 6k for it, it had 70k miles when i bought it , and no damage. and it was super clean..NO OIL?!?! o man u dont know what can possibly be wrong with that engine!! the internals can be f**ked for all u know :eek:/

·
Super Moderator
25,239 Posts
No oil? No sale...

·
Registered
1,877 Posts
I would have a mechanic check it out and see what's wrong with the car and then talk the price down by ALOT! Then do an engine swap with the money you've saved

·
Registered
413 Posts
Man if it has no oil in it now...DoNT BUY IT!!!

Ask yourself this...how long has it been that way??...how many miles has it been driven in the past with little/no oil??...even better...how many more miles will she drive it with no oil right now???

I don't care if it was the cleanest car in the world if the engine is bad..and it sounds like it could be..you are only asking for trouble down the road.

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
ok yea i had my dad check it out and he said it looked pretty good, like the basics, but there IS like a small rust spot on the rear fender like half the size of a penny, and just barely there at all... so idk im wondering what i can expect in the future, if itll rust like crazy, or what anyone else has done about that kinda thing

·
Registered
3,266 Posts
buying that car would be like buying a half eaten ham sandwich for lunch from a homeless guy after he sneezed on it... you don't know what's wrong with it now, and you will probably have severe problems in the future

·
Registered
349 Posts
IMO, I don't think that you should get the car. Ski_rebel_3 is right. You don't know how long the car has been running without oil. I wouldn' take the chance on buying a car like that for 1000 bucks. The whole engine might be screwed.

·
Registered
321 Posts
Definitely have a mechanic check the car. I bought my car about 4 months ago and had my mechanic hook the car up to a computer to make sure there weren't any major problems to it. It checked out fine, only needing to replace a few old wires. You dont want to get burned buy buying a car that has tons of problems with it!

·
Registered
6,228 Posts
Wait it had no oil and you still test drove it, I guess it doesnt matter since its not your car, but if there was no oil i wouldnt waste time with it, cars that have that many problems you can see can only get worse.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Everyone is right here. Pass on the car and look for another one. I am sure that if you want an Integra you will be able to find a great deal on a car that was well taken care of.

NO OIL, means big problems down the road that even a mechanic might not be able to uncover. If the engine hasn't had lubrication for any amount of time then the damage is already done!!!

Also the two front end accidents it has been in, who said they were minor. The girl that didn't put any oil in her car?! I would be suspicious whether anything is wrong with this car's structure.

All in all, to many problems. Sometimes you do get what you pay for and I would pay a little more to get a car in proper condition.

My 2 cents!

A

·
Registered
7,037 Posts
Yeah women are einstien when it comes to oil changes I mean no offense to all you ti girls but the rest are just morons every girls car that ive ever seen including my sisters has never had oil in it always like bone dry I really just dont f**king get it.

·
Registered
5,381 Posts
It could be the best looking car in the world. But if the motor wasn't taken care of. Don't get it. Unless your gonna swap right away.

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
Don't get it, save up for a GSR. Plus you are gonna regret it if you get it, cuz your gonna want a stick later on, trust me.

·
Registered
1,175 Posts
He's right about the stick. Even IF you were willing to overlook the fact that the engine was abused. (I wouldn't be, however.) There are good deals out there for cars which have received the proper care. Just be patient.

·
Registered
67 Posts
I'm with everone else no oil no buy ....but I think that if you can talk her down and get a new engine that would be just as well...oh yeah what did she look like .

·
Registered
304 Posts
Napoleon on Aug/16/02 said:
dude f**k all this sh*t... all i'm saying is... was the chick Hot or not?
Definently a weee bit off topic, anyway. You will most definently end up wanting a stick, integras arent rare, look around some for like a manual LS or a GSR... or maybe...just MAYBE, a type-R!!!

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Quote: Napoleon on Aug/16/02dude f**k all this sh*t... all i'm saying is... was the chick Hot or not? [/QUOTE]yea man.. shes so f**king hot lol... i went out with her for like almost a year too lol
.. but hey shes 16 so for most of you guys that wouldnt be legal would it lol.... (unless you got nasty R. kelly style)

1 - 20 of 26 Posts