Team Integra Forums banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
1,980 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright well my turbo setup obviously requires some gauges...3 to be exact, and I have chosen the defi bf gauges to go w/ the theme of my interior...black lol

well they are 60mm gauges and I can't find a single gauge pod made by anyone to fit these things on my a-pillar. So i wanna see some custom jobs in the center console to mount gauges where the ash tray and cig lighter are...not to mention that sorry excuse for a cup holder.

also need info on where to mount boost controllers and turbo timers so that they're out of the way, don't have to be visible..but definately accessable while driving.

·
Registered
3,973 Posts
If you are going for the sleeper look hide everything in glove box & in front of shifter

·
Registered
1,980 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
well my gauges are goin in front of the shifter...but the glove box isn't all that easy to get into while driving, so it might not be an option

i'd like to see pics of gauges or anything mounted in front of the shifter, and how i might make a panel or something there

still need ideas for boost controller and tt

·
Registered
1,435 Posts
If you have that bezel under the CD player - i would suggest mouting the turbo timer there..

as far as the gauges are concerned - how about two in the gauge cluster and put the extra in the cruise control button slot, or the light dimmer switch spot.. that looks pimp!

·
Registered
1,980 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
well they can't go in the gauge cluster because of my problem stated in the first post

they are 60mm and no one carries gauge pods for them, if they did i'd take the easy street and use the a-pillar. So i'm thinkin im definately goin w/ all the gauges in front of the shifter

just want pics, and the idea about the turbo timer isn't bad, i just don't want the center to look too cluttered.

·
Registered
1,435 Posts
thats cool - is 60mm too big or small for the gauge pods? If they are too big, you could carefully dremel the openings a little bigger to fit your gauges...

I don't think that the console will look too cluttered - turbo timers aren't all that big - maybe you could rig it up on/behind your rear view...

·
Registered
1,980 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
60mm is too big but i don't wanna take the chance putting the dremel to those pieces and possibly just wasting the money i spent on the pods.

Well you sure it wouldn't look too cluttered w/ 3 gauges, a turbo timer and a boost controller?

they are all black, so it might look alright. i can't wait for these gauges, when the car is off they are completely blacked out, when you turn it on they light up and the needles rev up and everything...it has a show for turning the car on and off.

still need some pics and details on how to mount this stuff, and what material to use.

·
Registered
1,435 Posts
hey i may have a pillar gauge pod that you could test out your dremel skills with - I am waiting for my gauge cluster pods and when i get that i have a 2 gauge pillar pod - i painted it black, it used to be tan, and i had to drill a hole in it to get it to lay right in my car - as a result - it is hardly worth selling.

When i get my new pod i could send you that one to play with - you can refine your skills on that - then do it on an actual pod if you decided to go that route....you would just have to pay the shipping and it's yours.

·
Registered
1,980 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
might take you up on that offer, but if i see some gauges mounted in the center console i might want them all there....it would look really cool along w/ my headunit, because when the car is turned off my whole center console would be black, and when it turns on everything would light up, and then my faceplate would black out again lol

·
Registered
1,435 Posts
thats true - just an option, that would be cool looking- I am going to find you some pics - i have been looking

·
Registered
1,980 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
awesome! thanks man

anyone else feel free to post pics too lol

i've been searchin for a while and can only find the normal gauges mounted on the pillar/in the glove box/the dash above the glove box

·
Registered
1,980 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
i like the idea, but then i'd have to rig something up to use my cruise control because it is something i can't live w/out on longer trips.

i've never really liked the idea of the tt on the steering wheel column

·
Registered
526 Posts
What about a snap on pillar gauge if you're going for sleeper look. Run all the conectors in the stock one, and have holes and mounts sticking a little bit out so that when you snap it on... viola... the gauges work.

·
Registered
2,590 Posts
Ok check this out. I was lookin on ebay and someone is selling a pod "trimmed" to fit 60mm gauges. So if you dont want to buy that, at least you know you CAN trim regular pods to house 60mm gauges. Here's a pic..and the link..

the link

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.