Team Integra Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I currently have a 2nd gen but i may look into selling it because i've put too much money that i didn't have into it.

i'm going to buy something cheap and decent to get me around for now until i get my near future planned out.

so since i love integras, i was thinking about getting a 1st gen.

found a nice white 2door, automatic, tints, bla bla. waiting on a reply from the seller but it looks good. he didn't say what the milage was but i'm guessing around 200k. he's asking 800.

so how is the first gen? any comments and/or suggestions would be appreciated.

·
Registered
3,087 Posts
rockin' the old sk00l: priceless

I say you can even get it less than that quoted price (=

lol

~P2P

·
Registered
720 Posts
my first teg was an 89 rs, i loved that car. the only bad things i can think of off hand is :
weak stock suspension
and it not suported by the aftermarket.
other than that you shoul have fun.

try to get a 88-89 as the extra 5 hp does make a differance.

·
Registered
7,037 Posts
The car definatly has a cool feel to it, and as long as suspension and tires are up to par it handles it self quite nicely throughout the corners. Midrange is pretty dead though 3rd gear and up. All in all though it is a really fun car to drive.

·
Registered
218 Posts
yea go for it, thats the original teg that started the great lineup of integras all the way to current, I'd love to get a gen 1 and add all the nice jdm parts to it. Have that in teh garage with my g3, that'd be hot. Good luck.

·
Registered
34 Posts
maxoutracer on Jan/28/06 said:
Quote: 94-Teg on Jan/23/06get that rare jdm awd first gen hehe

never existed.... wtf are u talking about?
I believe it did... I heard something about it too. It might be another car I'm thinking of, but I'm almsot 100 percent sure it was 1g Teg. They didn't make many, though...

·
Registered
1,604 Posts
Cicero on Feb/07/06 said:
Quote: maxoutracer on Jan/28/06Quote: 94-Teg on Jan/23/06get that rare jdm awd first gen hehe

I believe it did... I heard something about it too. It might be another car I'm thinking of, but I'm almsot 100 percent sure it was 1g Teg. They didn't make many, though...

impossible... if they did made it now the rear end going to hold up with the soild rear axle beam... only thing i heard is 4wd is the civic wagon and 4ws on the prelude...

i owned just about anything which made for the first gen integra, so get me some facts first and prove it.

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
Cicero on Feb/07/06 said:
Quote: maxoutracer on Jan/28/06Quote: 94-Teg on Jan/23/06get that rare jdm awd first gen hehe

No such thing .....sorry

My feelings on the G1....

Simple, easy to work on, wont ever get stolen. :)

For the people who say it doesnt have an aftermarket, are the people who dont own one...or who have never been on www.g1teg.org

About the only hard thing to find now is a direct fit header and exhaust....but with a little custom work on a d-Series header, it will fit perfectly, peice togehter your own custom exhaust, and pay alot less than a full brand name catback.

As for engine swaps .....just about every B-Series and H-Series swaps in .....except the K20/k24 from what we know.....or at least its never been tried.

·
Registered
10 Posts
The first gen integras are pretty cool, very reliable when all fixed, and get great gas mileage (mine gets 36-40 mpg). This being said, a word to the wise about these high mileage cars:

If this car you want has over 200K miles, be prepared to spend a small fortune in replacing all the bolt-on engine accessories: timing belt (ca. $400- costs include labor), alternator (ca. $300), fuel pump (ca. $350), power steering pump, etc. Also beware that the electronics on these cars are extensive (they are throughout the engins and car), and expensive to fix. Some parts are no longer manufactured- if they break, your screwed for replacements other than junkyard parts. I totally agree about the stock suspension- it's pretty rough, but tolerable. Easy to work on? HAHAHAHAHA! In some respects this is a true statement, but in others, these cars are a total ***** to maintain. Changing belts for example require's very flexible arms:) Timing belt change is a nightmare and requires removing the drivers side front axl and all bolt-ons on the front of the engine.

Don't want to scare you off from buying one, just want to give you some info before you buy.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Just to tell you how addictive G1s are ...

I sold my '86 Rx7 and turned down an '87 Rx7 for my Teg.

I'm a drifter, in every sense of the word. So turning down two RWD cult cars for a measly little Integra is a statement in and of itself. I love these cars, and am learning so much more everyday about them.

--Dave-O

·
Registered
6,638 Posts
I had a 1st gen as my first car....That thing was a freakin blast to drive! it had unknown miles when i bought it
(the odometor had been rolled back several times, it said 36K when i got in 2001, it was an 87) so we figured it had about 260K, who knows how many owners (all but me were acura mechanics) and the thing was drag raced, track raced and thrown about as much as it would take. ( even some rally driving by me on county roads)
Then I bought it and it taught me how to drive a standard, race a standard and 4 years of first driving. The motor (again, unknown miles) finally blew with the next owner, and we believe the chasis had 300K easy with well over 200K on that motor.

Basically what im trying to say, just like most hondas, they are long living and cant be killed, and are a blast to drive.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.