Team Integra Forums banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
655 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all... I sold my 17" Motegi MR7's for winter, and I think when I decide to buy new ones I'm going to drop to 16". Anyways... I found a few I liked, now I need tires. According to the tire size calc I am moving from a 195/60/14, to a 205/45/16, for the closest fit. Here's the tires I was looking at, can anyone share some experience or offer opinions.

I'm wanting something that will perfrom nicely, smooth ride, and wet traction would be nice. Winter traction (all-season) really isn't necesarry. Winters aren't too bad here and if it does get bad I won't drive.

Dunlop SP Sport 9000
Kumho Ecsta Supra 712
Yokohama Parada Spec 2

or any other opinions good or bad you'd like to give. Thanks!!

- ROB

·
Super Moderator
14,194 Posts
well i just got the spec 2's and they are great for me in wet and dry traction. only after I tested them out did I find out that they have the highest rating possible for we traction, plus they grip great in dry. And they are supposed to be a HUGE improvement over the old paradas as far as wet traction and road noise, they are very quiet.

I dont know about the other tires though so I cant compare.

·
Registered
259 Posts
I had a prelude before i bought an integra and I had the parada and kumhos before. The parada had the best dry traction and cornering, but made me nervous in the rain and also were the loudest tire I ever owned, especially once the wear out to about 5/32. The Kumho's on the other hand i found to be quiter, cheapers, and just under the parada in dry traction, but made up the difference in wet traction. I like how the paradas look over the other tires but due to cost and other factors, I would take the kumho's over the other 2. Just my opinion.

·
Registered
3,211 Posts
i just got a set of yokahama AVS ES 100 tires. check them out at the tire rack. they are about 70 bucks each and a little better than the kumho's. in fact i was going to go with the kumho's but then i saw these and decided to try em.

·
Registered
223 Posts
I plan on getting the same set of Kumhos for my car very soon. They get good reviews and they're cheap!
Anyways, anything's better than my Michelin XGT V4's.

·
Registered
457 Posts
i love kumos i have them on my teg and on my friends SI and on his other car the MX6 he has them too he loves them

·
Registered
9,719 Posts
hootb18 on Sep/06/02 said:
i just got a set of yokahama AVS ES 100 tires.check them out at the tire rack. they are about 70 bucks each and a little better than the kumho's. in fact i was going to go with the kumho's but then i saw these and decided to try em.
Did you qualify for that mini Porshe remote control car??? What size did you get and how's the tires grip?

·
Registered
3,211 Posts
lol yeah i guess i did qualify. my dad just called me today and said they sent it to my house. (im at school now). he said it came in like a 3 foot box. i dont know if it was a bit of overkill or what but i cant wait to get home and see this thing.
i got 205/50/15. and as for how they grip, i like them alot. take that for what you will though considering i swapped those in from the michi's. they are only 3 season tires and they have a lower treadware rating than the kumhos yet higher than the azenis.(i really wanted the azenis but i really dont have the money to buy two sets of tires every year.) so i gota tire for the same price as the other two that was softer than the kumhos and harder than the azenis.

·
Registered
9,719 Posts
Dam!!!! I'm really torn between the too tires because I want that free gift to play with. But I really want a grippy tire on my car. I don't care about different season tires! All I care about is summer tires. If and when it rains, I just don't gun it at all. But thanks for the input!

·
Registered
3,211 Posts
the only reason i got the Yok's is because of the treadware. trust me i have been wanting the Azenis for so long and really didnt car about season tires or wet traction either. but i put 28k on my car the first year, and i have heard that most people only get about 12k on the falken. that would be almost 600 dollars a year in tires. thats too rich for my blood. if its not too rich for your i say go with the azenis and have fun with em.

·
Registered
9,719 Posts
You do know that treadwear is only a good as the manufacturer rates it right? Since there is no standard, every manufacturers differ from each other. This means that Yokohama may say 100 treadwear but that may be equal to Michilen's 400 treadwear. Just thought I point that out in case some other members didn't already know that!

That settles it then. I'm going for the Azenis when I have the budget to! Ever since I started driving, I've never worn out any of my tires yet for some reason??? And I've been driving for almost 8 years now??? I mean I've had a tire blown out on me, but never really got a chance to wear out a set of tires completely from new.

·
Registered
3,187 Posts
hm.. i have yokohama avid h4's(super-duper quiet tires).. but the paradas are my dream tires.. my friend has a set.. he's able to take corners harder than me in those things.. yokohamas are quiet and smooth.. won't catch along the lines in the road.. you'll love them..

i've heard lots of good stuff about azenis as well.. all my 15" rim buddies are switching over.. if i had sw388's or mugens i'd have azenis too..

·
Registered
62 Posts
im ridin on nitto450s right now and they f**kin blow, their wet traction rating is A, which is as low as you can go for street-legal tires..its rainin pretty bad in san diego right now and I was sliding allover the freeway, at 55mph, and I literally mean sliding, hydroplaning in the shallowest of waters...my next tires which I hope to get soon are spec2s...they got AA rating which is as good as it gets, and overall from what ive heard theyre just bad ass

·
Registered
655 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
thanks you all for all the input. this has really helped me out in coming to a decision. alot of you said the yokos, but a couple also recommended the kumho. personally I think I'm leaning towards the yoko as well... but it depends on a number of things when the time comes for me to buy them.

lastly... has anyony ordered their tires and wheels from tirerack.com ? I've always looked at their products but I don't know any of my friends or anything that has actually ordered from them. how are they? customer service, shipping speed, competitive prices, etc?

·
Registered
3,211 Posts
ive ordered from them on three different occasions. once for my bridgestone blizzaks, once for my mom's yokohama avs db's and once for my yokohama ES 100's and let me just say theyhave been great with each order. i have recievedeach order in less than a week and there has never been a problem with them.

·
Registered
206 Posts
the thing with that I heard about the Paradas was that they are designed for a warm climate. That they lose traction when the temparature dips below 15 degrees celsius. just something to keep in mind.

I just purchsed some Dunlop FM901's and they are great! They stick very well in dry conditions and fairly well in wet conditions as well! I'd recommend them, but I hear the sport 9000 is a great tire as well!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts