Team Integra Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
8,083 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have any of you guys ran open header at the strip? Is that acceptable at most strips or no? I was considering maybe trying it somtime.

·
Registered
8,678 Posts
im sure it would be allowed. it is not illegal to do it there, at least in michigan... but we can run whatever exhaust or lack thereof that we want up here.

just look at some of the true drag cars there, you will see many many many cat-less exhausts

·
Registered
569 Posts
its not good to run open headers. I was told this cuts the valves. Something about your engine is really hot because of all the combustion gasses, and then haveing the cooler air out side cooling it off. its like when you run water over ice cube.

·
Registered
8,083 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
guitar1550 on Feb/27/04 said:
any relation to this thread from 2 years ago?
What can I say, great minds think alike! Ha I forgot I posted that. But the reasoning is slightly different. There I was asking about power gains and performance, here I am asking whether it is allowed to do so.

·
Registered
695 Posts
guitar1550 on Feb/27/04 said:
any relation to this thread from 2 years ago?
well when someone has 201 pages of posts it must be hard to keep track of all the bullsh*t...

·
Registered
2,918 Posts
Call your local strip and check. Most won't allow it on certain "street legal" nights. But usually for special weekend events they will allow it.

·
Registered
73 Posts
it would be worth the extra hp for the track but i have dc sports headers and i know that if u do this it voids the warranty, but how are they goin to know.
some tracks also have rules about how loud ur car is.

·
Registered
8,083 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
96dc2 on Feb/28/04 said:
Call your local strip and check. Most won't allow it on certain "street legal" nights. But usually for special weekend events they will allow it.
I'm thinking I may have heard over the loudspeakers that a muffler is required for the midnight legal drags. I don't go to those anyhow. Also, its funny because my CRX doesn't currently have a muffler and its much quiter than most cars (even import) cars there that do have them!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts