Team Integra Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
on my 96 integra, its blazing hot outside and im running my AC at full blast. My temp needle is almost at the center, not quite. Still with the engine on, and the AC going, I check my car and I only see one fan running. The fan that is not running is the right fan (one closest to air filter). Is this normal? Your input would be appreciated

·
Registered
602 Posts
Check your radiator fan switch, coolant fan relay, and it's fuse. Are you watching it for a long period of time? Sometimes it takes a while to come on, but it should be on with the ac fan at all times.

·
Registered
1,564 Posts
Yeah that's the rad fan it should be on most of the time especially when your AC fan is on. Check the relay and the switch.

Does it turn on sometimes at least? Or is it just always off?

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
InLtegSra94 on Sep/04/07 said:
Yeah that's the rad fan it should be on most of the time especially when your AC fan is on. Check the relay and the switch.

its about 100 degrees outside. I've never seen the other fan on before. I'm not sure where the relay switch is at or which fuse it is. I'm gonna try and search for some more info.. but i appreciate your guys help. I'm pretty sure theres something wrong. Its blazing hot, my temp needle is almost at half, my AC is at full bast, and i've been driving around for about 1/2 hour and i check with the car running still, and the AC still on, and the other fan isnt on. So im sure theres something wrong now. thanks again

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
InLtegSra94 on Sep/04/07 said:

I'm going to check tomorrow with the car on, and the AC off and see if theres any fan running. From what you're saying.. if you're the driver seat still.. the left fan is the AC fan? thanks

·
Registered
904 Posts
the bigger fan is the coolant fan(passenger side), the smaller is the A/C (driver side)

·
Registered
13 Posts
Yeah, jump the ECT sensor connector near the thermostat housing with a little wire and if the fan turns on then you found the problem. Then you can run a toggle switch off of the connector, or just keep the wire in and have the fan on when the key is turned.

·
Registered
2,975 Posts
if the fan temp switch was bad, the fan would still turn on when the ac kicks on... check the fan fuse, relay and the fan itself.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.