Team Integra Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Everybody speak about of 6403 crower cams for non VTEC.
Somebody knows 6402 crower cams. They do not require to retainer (KIT Spring & Ti Retainer$326.57, uffffffff)

Crower 62402 :Stage 1: Street use and agressive Turbo or Nitrous. Idle to 7500 rpm. (up to 12 hp).

·
Registered
169 Posts
Stage 1 does not require springs = low power gain and a waste of time. Put Nitrous, p&p head, full exhaust instead of wasting money on stage 1

·
Registered
6,352 Posts
Inspired....have you seen a dyno of these cams on a non-vtec? Where do they make power? I looked into the 403's but they make power a little too late in the rpm band for my liking. I'm just wondering because I don't see too many people w/ this cam set.

·
Registered
6,352 Posts
Interesting article. Wish I had something insightful to add.

The downfall of crane cams is that they're regrinds.

And I'm somewhat skeptical about their gains without any dyno tuning what so ever or the adjustable cam sprockets.

If theses gains are legit.....I'd be interested in these cams as they make power a bit sooner than the Crower 403's

EDIT: MD kindly reminded me that Crane does in fact make NoN-regrind cams.
Thanks Mike.

·
Registered
6,352 Posts
They'll work on either.

EDIT: damn Fen beat me to it.

·
Registered
6,352 Posts
they work. trust us.

·
Registered
2,198 Posts
the car i am looking at has those crowers but it makes 149 hp at wheels. it has almost a fully built engine adn ported, polished head with everything. needs rods and pistons but i don't know what the base was on it with stock cams.

·
Registered
31,217 Posts
sleeperls93 on Sep/26/02 said:
How would an all motor Ls respond to a drastic compression hike, lets say 12.0:0?
you'll have too much cranking pressure and it then become a parasitic drain. don't get me wrong, there will be a gain...not the biggest gain you can get with less CR. CR is dictated by how cylinder pressure you lose with the cams. Longer duration cams tend to bleed off more cylinder pressure both during the compression stroke (i.e. dynamic compression ratio) and during the start of the intake stroke...and therefore longer duration cams with big overlap reduces cranking pressure. Cylinder pressure is what turns the crankshaft and so you want more but not too much...and you want peak cylinder pressure to happen at the right time (i.e. when the piston and con rod are in the right position to receive a push down to help turn the crank with the greatest force or torque).

when you go that high in static CR, you need to pay attention to detonation risk and it takes a quality fuel delivery at the correct amount (i.e. tuning), proper spark timing (i.e. tuning) , a good combustion shape, good engine cooling, and efficient removal of as much burnt gas out of the cylinder to prevent detonation.

remember, cam specs dictate CR needs.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts