Team Integra Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,761 Posts
i dotn even know how much my GSR weighs with me in it but i just guessed 2628 with a 1/4 ET of 15.803 and got 131hp to the wheels and 171.6 hp from the flywheel. close to OEM specs.

·
Registered
444 Posts
Horsepower Results - 1/4 Mile Method
Your Integra weighs about 2600 pounds and can complete a 1/4 mile in about 2.5 seconds. That means that you've got about 32888.28 HP at the wheels, and about 42754.76 HP at the flywheel.

·
Registered
31,217 Posts
a post like this is a step backwards for this website.

these have been around for ages. you make it sound like you discovered something that was just invented.

there's several reasons why you should take these with a huge grain of salt:

those calculators assume certain constants in the equation applied to RWD cars .

the output is peak hp.: how useful is that?

they rarely match real world output readings.

if you already have your 1/4 mile and 1/8 mile trap speeds you can calculate your acceleration.

tune to improve the acceleration.

that's the more important number to know and you already have it. We don't race to get higher peak hp. We race to get lower et's. You tune and modify to lower your et ...not to win a peak dyno contest....

after all the info on this site to teach people and advance their understanding , we get this kind of "have fun" post. This belongs on a noob board. Let them fixate and worry about peak hp and get passed by us because we know what other things are needed to go faster and we know better. Let's get past this sort of thing here as a board.

we don't have to be serious all the time and we should have fun. yes have fun. but do it smartly.

we're trying to keep this place from reverting into a place that isn't helpful and full of superficial unhelpful info.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.