Team Integra Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I drive a 96 Gs-r. I'm going to be adding a few parts to my engine soon. This will include new cams, fuel system, air intake, exhaust, etc. My question is which company should I go for? I would like my powerband to be mid-high range. I would like to drag it at a track sooner or later. Keep in mind that I will be adding a greddy turbo within the next year.

·
Registered
770 Posts
i wouldnt upgrade the cams if your going turbo. Most aftermarket cams are for NA applications. You wont need an air intake either if your going turbo. Go with a 3" exhaust for turbo i recommend custom or thermal. Go with larger injectors depending on how much boost you will run as well.

·
Registered
1,408 Posts
Use that search button to your right buddy. Just type in a few key words about "cam gears" "fuel" and "turbo exhaust", ya know stuff like that. Pretend like its google.
People ask questions like yours all the time, so read an old thread and if you still have quetions just bring back that old thread instead of making a new one. Do some research

There is all kinds of threads about which company makes this and that, you just gotta search and research. Good luck!

·
Registered
5,854 Posts
First off, it is either you choose NA or FI and then stick with your decision because if not you're just going to waste your money on parts.

Secondly, don't focus on brand/company names. Look at the part's specs and learn how they affect the powerband.

It sounds like you need to do some research. Your basically asking us to spoon feed you all the answers. Please take the time to visit the articles section, read the common topics, and use the search function.

·
Registered
11,935 Posts
I would wait till you know exactly what your going to do to the car in the future. Not many parts are inter-changable from NA to FI. Unless you want to sacrafice power.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I rarely come here... so yeah... I did search, read most of the articles, well attempted to. I'm still trying to understand all this stuff, figured I might as well ask, sorry.

And thanks to 95teggsr. I appreciate it.

·
Registered
5,854 Posts
Dyealex on Feb/19/04 said:
I rarely come here... so yeah... I did search, read most of the articles, well attempted to. I'm still trying to understand all this stuff, figured I might as well ask, sorry.
If you are having problems understanding the information in the articles then post some specific questions that we can help you with. I, as well as others, will be more than happy to help you out. It is the vague broad questions that we do not like to answer because it is usualy evidence of a person who didn't do their homework first (i.e. articles, common topics, search).

·
Registered
1,408 Posts
white_rice on Feb/19/04 said:
If you are having problems understanding the information in the articles then post some specific questions that we can help you with. I, as well as others, will be more than happy to help you out. It is the vague broad questions that we do not like to answer because it is usualy evidence of a person who didn't do their homework first (i.e. articles, common topics, search).
True that, as long as you have speficic questions we can help you up. But asking things like "Whats the best exhaust to get for my turbo?" and "Who makes the best cam gears?" have already been discussed before.

TI is the fountain of knowledge, you just gotta ask the right questions!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
white_rice on Feb/19/04 said:
For the most part, I understand the adding of a turbo and what comes with it, etc. But I must have overlooked the parts that say what would be benificial(sp) to have in an engine prior to adding the turbo. I know a larger exhaust helps, along with a new fuel system, but beyond that, I'm a bit lost. ( and my post now belongs in FI)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.