Team Integra Forums banner
41 - 60 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
Discussion Starter · #41 ·
what do you have going on?
i have to rip out a few more things than get mounts and pair motor with tranny and slip it in along with some other items im gonna need.

Reactions: 97b17jdmtegy

·
Registered
467 Posts
I have to start sourcing a ls transmission soon so I can do the auto to manual swap in my 2000. Still on the fence about what to do with my 98......dont know if I should keep it h22a or swap in my gsr.

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
Discussion Starter · #43 ·
I have to start sourcing a ls transmission soon so I can do the auto to manual swap in my 2000. Still on the fence about what to do with my 98......dont know if I should keep it h22a or swap in my gsr.

ill put the word out to find you an LS as for the other one leave the H22. Its a heavy motor but can make some good power if done right. I think if it was my h22 id find a GSR and after finding the GSR id pull out the H22 and sell it and toss in the GSR. like i said light motor and you keep the B18 series to the true form of the car.

·
Registered
467 Posts
ill put the word out to find you an LS as for the other one leave the H22. Its a heavy motor but can make some good power if done right. I think if it was my h22 id find a GSR and after finding the GSR id pull out the H22 and sell it and toss in the GSR. like i said light motor and you keep the B18 series to the true form of the car.
I like the way you think, especially being that I already have the gsr.

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
Discussion Starter · #45 ·
its just you want the car to go faster but you have a heavy motor h22 and to add more power = more weight so why not put the engine bay on a diet and place a GSR or even if you can find a b18c5 and than you have a light base in that area and you can now add more power. The 2 models you have are on the light scale, and the RS being the lightest of the 3rd gen you got the start to a good base.

·
Registered
467 Posts
I'm also not much of a fan of how the h22 looks in the engine bay and being that whoever put it in cut the passenger mount down to "fit" the tranny mount in instead of buying the proper mount makes me nervous enough that I have to remove the motor anyway. mind as well put the engine I actually want and like you said sell the h22 and put that money back into the car.

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
Discussion Starter · #48 ·
what's up guys been a bit hope everyone's good.
hey hope you guys are all well. Im doing ok havent been doing much on the teg. need to get things in order so that i can start. need to order my replacement motor mounts. hows ur build coming along ? i also have to look for a daily driver to replace my current one that is falling apart on me.

·
Registered
467 Posts
they are moving along at a snails pace lol I hate the heat and this summer had just been brutal so wasn't able to really do much but now that it's cooled down a bit I can hopefully knock some things out before the snow flies

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
Discussion Starter · #50 ·
im looking to get some things so i can get working on mine. i wanna prep the underbody first before getting main parts on the car.

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
Discussion Starter · #52 ·
hasport mounts to drop the motor in and a few other things but i want to address the areas that are gonna be hard to get to once the motor is in like engine bay clean up and since im doing that might as well do the undercoat with POR-15 in the wheel wells and the under body and rear and front bumper area. This is more of a treat the areas that are more subject to rust and clear the surface rust .

·
Registered
467 Posts
hasport mounts to drop the motor in and a few other things but i want to address the areas that are gonna be hard to get to once the motor is in like engine bay clean up and since im doing that might as well do the undercoat with POR-15 in the wheel wells and the under body and rear and front bumper area. This is more of a treat the areas that are more subject to rust and clear the surface rust .
I have to figure out what I'm going to use to fix my rear quarters. everyone has been telling me to get eg coupe rears apparently they work

·
Registered
467 Posts
nope the h22 I still in there. sourcing the proper tranny mount and trying to see what to use to get some room up front between the slave and the rad fan. right now the bleeder valve is basically touching the shroud

·
Registered
11 Posts
Yeah mine too lol, that's my new issue with the new mounts since it sits closer to the front now . Even though it doesn't interfere with my rad fan it's still uncomfortably close. I wanna move the radiator but needa save room for my intercooler so we'll see what happens this week/weekend when doing the turbo setup

·
Registered
467 Posts
Yeah mine too lol, that's my new issue with the new mounts since it sits closer to the front now . Even though it doesn't interfere with my rad fan it's still uncomfortably close. I wanna move the radiator but needa save room for my intercooler so we'll see what happens this week/weekend when doing the turbo setup
In all honesty though how does the h22 feel in a teg? I've only ever had gsr engines before not sure how much of a noticeable difference there will be. make sure to post some pics of your progress

·
Registered
11 Posts
In all honesty though how does the h22 feel in a teg?

So honestly I've raced several B series builds and driven some also myself , and I feel like the biggest difference is the torque. In low end , 2-5k rpm it pulls much much harder than a GSR. The longer gears in the h22a1 are also much better for staying in boost longer once I get that going. The extra weight also feels good in the bay as the integra is an amazingly designed chassis as far as control. Basically I'ma H guy for life now haha. Lotta people go H2B but honestly I like the long gears for freeway comfortability, and its got enough low end torque that you don't need to be in VTEC to feel power.

As far as the build im on Instagram @teggy_h22 , and just got the car running smooth again after snapping that motor mount and the axles haha. Next step is a e85 all motor tune on these 1000cc RCs while I build up my turbo setup. I Wana find another H or F to build meanwhile also , outta the car.

·
Registered
11 Posts
So there's some threaded holes on the bottom of the frame that kinda line up with the holes on the mount, but I just lined up the mount to what seemed right and drilled holes straight through and ran bolts all the way through with lock washers and nuts on the bottom. I still gotta grind off the excess bolt sticking out , but that mf is secure as hell 😂

41 - 60 of 61 Posts