Team Integra Forums banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
478 Posts
still around. still kicking it lol sold my old teg 8 years ago but I got two now so I guess that kind of makes up for it lol hows everyone been?

·
Registered
478 Posts
I've got a 2000 gs automatic that I'm thinking of doing a manual swap and lsvtec, and I have a 98 rs with an h22a swap that I'm debating on either keeping or swapping out for my spare gsr.

·
Registered
478 Posts
I'm not to far off from 40. I've been in a lot of cars and I always circle back to my tegs. now my two sons are helping me build my 98 up.

·
Registered
478 Posts
if you lived where we live you wouldn't want a motorcycle lol. pretty bad when discovery channel has a show on your highway

·
Registered
478 Posts
amen postal! Hows the car coming along? went for a nice drive up to the forks of the credit on the weekend only shame is the integra I have on the road is an automatic and the one parked is the standard...for now.....automatic integras shouldn't exist lol

·
Registered
478 Posts

The dark blue one is the one I sold 9 years ago. The red and white jdm front one I have now has an h22a swap in it and the other one is just a basic b18b1. Have a couple sets of oem stanley sidemarkers but not brave enough yet to cut the fenders out. still contemplating keeping the b18b automatic and keeping the h22 in the other one lol I have a certain b18c1 hiding under a blanket that's ready to go into one of the two.

Really thinking of just finding a vtec head for the ls and switching it to standard, who knows we will see

·
Registered
478 Posts
hows everyone doing. looks like things are opening up and hope that means that we can continue on working the projects that are almost complete and for others like myself just getting started LOL. i wanna finish mine to at least turn it over.
what do you have going on?

·
Registered
478 Posts
I have to start sourcing a ls transmission soon so I can do the auto to manual swap in my 2000. Still on the fence about what to do with my 98......dont know if I should keep it h22a or swap in my gsr.

·
Registered
478 Posts
ill put the word out to find you an LS as for the other one leave the H22. Its a heavy motor but can make some good power if done right. I think if it was my h22 id find a GSR and after finding the GSR id pull out the H22 and sell it and toss in the GSR. like i said light motor and you keep the B18 series to the true form of the car.
I like the way you think, especially being that I already have the gsr.

·
Registered
478 Posts
I'm also not much of a fan of how the h22 looks in the engine bay and being that whoever put it in cut the passenger mount down to "fit" the tranny mount in instead of buying the proper mount makes me nervous enough that I have to remove the motor anyway. mind as well put the engine I actually want and like you said sell the h22 and put that money back into the car.

·
Registered
478 Posts
they are moving along at a snails pace lol I hate the heat and this summer had just been brutal so wasn't able to really do much but now that it's cooled down a bit I can hopefully knock some things out before the snow flies

·
Registered
478 Posts
hasport mounts to drop the motor in and a few other things but i want to address the areas that are gonna be hard to get to once the motor is in like engine bay clean up and since im doing that might as well do the undercoat with POR-15 in the wheel wells and the under body and rear and front bumper area. This is more of a treat the areas that are more subject to rust and clear the surface rust .
I have to figure out what I'm going to use to fix my rear quarters. everyone has been telling me to get eg coupe rears apparently they work

·
Registered
478 Posts
nope the h22 I still in there. sourcing the proper tranny mount and trying to see what to use to get some room up front between the slave and the rad fan. right now the bleeder valve is basically touching the shroud

·
Registered
478 Posts
Yeah mine too lol, that's my new issue with the new mounts since it sits closer to the front now . Even though it doesn't interfere with my rad fan it's still uncomfortably close. I wanna move the radiator but needa save room for my intercooler so we'll see what happens this week/weekend when doing the turbo setup
In all honesty though how does the h22 feel in a teg? I've only ever had gsr engines before not sure how much of a noticeable difference there will be. make sure to post some pics of your progress

1 - 20 of 32 Posts