Team Integra Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had my pioneer amp and 10 in bazooka tube stolen last wednesday at school and this is my 2nd system i had stolen already at stupid csula. i'm gonna put some 6x9 speakers in my rear deck and call it a day. i am going to disconnect my rear 6" speakers and just use the 6x9's in the rear cargo cover because most 6x9's i've heard give off some good bass and the trunk area should help in that department also. I have a stock acura cd player and my car is a 01 integra. my question is... what wattage speaker to get which will run with the stock deck w/o amp(cause i'm tired of my sh*t getting stolen).

Also, if anyone has any suggestions on speakers or setup suggestions that would be appreciated. Keep in mind that I only want to either replace my 6" speakers or add 6x9's NoN-amplified. Something simple and that will make the car sound decent inside.

thanks for your time,
sokdo

·
Registered
1,955 Posts
my suggestion and the same suggestion anyone that knows much about car audio should give you is go listen to them on a day you have off...find a set you like and then ask if they are good quality...I hate it when people say get these speakers they sound AWESOME...sound is relative to the listener so go listen to them...decide what you like and then ask us if it's a reputable brand...and generally if you aren't going amped you want to look for something with a lower rms just because they will be more efficient (not always by any means but this is a general rule)...if you were amping it's a different story...but when you listen to them make sure the shop knows it'll be running off the stock deck...although I think an alarm would be a better bet for you at this point!

Later,
Jared

·
Registered
5,381 Posts
yeah. I went the same route about 2 years ago. Before I knew any better I bought some Sony xplodes. 6 1/2's 3 way. Sound nice and clear running off of my stock 91 stereo and then afterwards off of a 96(i believe)gsr stereo. which i have installed now. Let me find out the wattage for you if you are still interested. it wasnt high though. Less that 200w

·
Registered
724 Posts
I bought the 3-way Pioneers off ebay.. they're awesome at treble, and not bad for bass. ( not as good as subs, but they're good for their size )

·
Registered
1,955 Posts
Turbo-SC on Mar/11/04 said:
I bought the 3-way Pioneers off ebay.. they're awesome at treble, and not bad for bass. ( not as good as subs, but they're good for their size )
dang that's the crap I'm talkin about...they may sound completely different to him...say they're a good speaker and call it a day......

SOUND IS RELATIVE

simple as that...he may like them great or he might take your advice spend the money and hate the sound and that's money he's blown away...he needs to go listen to them get the model # and start price shopping...and for respect of the shop I'd take them the price you've found tell them if they can come close you'll go ahead and get them from them...a shop will take care of you a lot better then some random website generally...because their market is as large so they value their customers more (most of the time)

EDIT: sorry if I sound like a jerk just can't stand it when people suggest a speaker based off of the sound...it's like the butt dyno of sound
the same thing can sound COMPLETELY different if you lined 5 people in a line

·
Registered
379 Posts
I'd say while you are checking the Wattage of them, considering you are going to be running a stock deck, that you check the Sensitivity of them to. This basically tells you how much power you need to drive them so they sound good. A speaker with a low sensitivity will probably need a good amp in order to sound half descent, but a speaker that has a sensitivity above 90 dB or so should sound good on a stock deck. Other then that, like 90Integra said, go listen to a bunch for yourself. And don't just go to 1 place in a hurry. Go to a few stereo shops, so you get a good variety to listen to. And most importantly, bring your own CD's to listen to them. As you will know more or less how it should sound, and if you are jumping between shops, you have the same reference to judge the speakers.

·
Registered
1,955 Posts
Vivisector on Mar/16/04 said:
I'd say while you are checking the Wattage of them, considering you are going to be running a stock deck, that you check the Sensitivity of them to. This basically tells you how much power you need to drive them so they sound good. A speaker with a low sensitivity will probably need a good amp in order to sound half descent, but a speaker that has a sensitivity above 90 dB or so should sound good on a stock deck. Other then that, like 90Integra said, go listen to a bunch for yourself. And don't just go to 1 place in a hurry. Go to a few stereo shops, so you get a good variety to listen to. And most importantly, bring your own CD's to listen to them. As you will know more or less how it should sound, and if you are jumping between shops, you have the same reference to judge the speakers.
to build on this...if you have a fav cd you like to listen to that you know well and have things you can listen to...take it in most shops have no problem letting you listen to YOUR music I wouldn't take in anything that would offend other customers but...if they are a good shop they shouldn't mind! Go listen trust your ears...not ours!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts