Team Integra Forums banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
914 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey TI,

I've been searching for info on Omni Power FRoNT Lower Control Arms but alas I can't seem to find anything so feel free to link me if it's just me... anyway...

I'm pretty sure Omni-Power is the only company that makes FRoNT lower control arms for our tegs and I was just curious if anyone has used them and knows how good they perform what the quality is like?
I'm debating getting both FRoNT and REAR Omni Power lca's or going with FRoNT Omni Power and REAR Skunk2 lca's. Can anyone give me some input on what they thing would be the best decision? Also comparing quality of Omni lca's vs Skunk2. Thanks for you time TI,
-Marc

·
Registered
914 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Just because my car has higher mileage and I will be throwing on my Tein S.Techs and Koni Yellows so I wanna replace as much as I can while I'm under there...

·
Registered
306 Posts
too_cool_3 on Sep/20/07 said:
Just because my car has higher mileage and I will be throwing on my Tein S.Techs and Koni Yellows so I wanna replace as much as I can while I'm under there...
Im in the same boat cept the high mileage part. But ya i would like to change my LCAs while im down there as well. From what i heard Omni power is good.

·
Registered
914 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Has anyone on here actually used the Omni Power FRoNT lca's tho?? Any opinions/reviews?

Since Omni is the only one that makes FRoNT lca's would it be smarter to do Omni front and rear or would is it ok to mix and match with Omni fronts and Skunk2 rears? Since I'm assuming the Skunk2's are build better then the omni's...?

·
Registered
531 Posts
im actually getting ready to replace my whole suspension and front and rear lcas (omnipower), either this sunday or next sunday.

I was just doing suspension and decided why not buy it all and do it now. From what ive read, the only thing that the front lca offers is bling bling. Bling bling that costed $350.00 a set ;)

·
Registered
1,807 Posts
Shoshinoya on Sep/21/07 said:
im actually getting ready to replace my whole suspension and front and rear lcas (omnipower), either this sunday or next sunday.

I was just doing suspension and decided why not buy it all and do it now. From what ive read, the only thing that the front lca offers is bling bling. Bling bling that costed $350.00 a set ;)
Yep so unless you plan do some hard core show stopping where people would look under your car then I think its a waste.

·
Registered
70 Posts
theyre supposedly 7-8lbs lighter than stock..im planning on doing a full suspension rebuild and was thinking of getting a set myself.

saw them for sale somewhere the other day, ill try to find the link

·
Registered
554 Posts
If you are concerned with your front or rear arms because of the amount of mileage on your vehicle, then you could save yourself a lot and purchase a new set of suspension bushings in a harder durometer. You could tackle pressing the bushings in by yourself with a B.F.H. or have a machine shop press them into the arms. A street car doesn't require the additional 2.5 lbs weight savings that the arms will provide especially because the front arms are quite pricey. Most aftermarket LCA's dont' have the holes for the ABS line which is critical. If i'm not mistaken the Skunk2 rear arms have three holes for the sway bar end-links to adjust the tension depending on your setup. Just decide for yourself what your goals are; if you plan to track the car how often will you track it? Do your track days warrant the $350+ expense for some shiny arms with new bushings? Or does a set of bushings for all of your suspension components from Energy Suspension for a fraction of the cost sound more enticing? only you can decide.

-Ulysses

·
Registered
386 Posts
I am getting the omni power front LCA's from Kingmotorsports.com because it was the cheapest I could find them and i'm getting Function7 rear LCA's from Function7's eBay store on their website because they are cheaper than King's. I wish Function7 made fronts but they don’t. T_T

I am getting LCA's for weight saving and added strength. I don't remember how much the Omni’s weight but the Function7's only weight 2lbs. Tell me that wont make a difference in the long run when you’re talking unsprung weight.

There are always going to be people on both sides of anything saying "thats a good idea" or "thats a bad idea" I say do what you want because you want to not because someone told you to.

·
Registered
8,083 Posts
Added strength?

Heard lots of stories of people breaking LCAs?

And on the note of trusting S2 over Omni - I'd go the other way around personally. I've had nothing but awesome experiences with Omni, and less than optimal with S2, plus read many horror stories (albeit, back in the day).

·
Registered
2000 Acura Integra GSR
2,880 Posts
integrapunk67 on Sep/21/07 said:
I have the front lowers on my integra. They definitely do save some weight except it doesn't replace the entire factory LCA. The bushing upgrade was nice however I've barely driven the car since I got them on last year!
What part doesn't the Omni replace? I assumed this was a 100% bolt in part.

·
Registered
914 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
integrapunk67 on Sep/21/07 said:
I have the front lowers on my integra. They definitely do save some weight except it doesn't replace the entire factory LCA. The bushing upgrade was nice however I've barely driven the car since I got them on last year!
ditto, how do they not fully replace the LCA? also, do the have holes for the AC line? i just bought both front and rear omni's...

·
Registered
70 Posts
pretty sure he's talking about the front not replacing the whole flca assembly. The stocker is 2 pieces, the omni piece only replaces the larger of the 2.

from what i read on the omni site, it says the flca is equal to stock..doesnt say anything about it being stronger, just lighter by 7-8#'s

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.