Team Integra Forums banner

Old car, New build. Rey’s DC2 build thread

2K views 9 replies 3 participants last post by  reys14 
#1 ·
Hello Team-Integra!

I recently purchased a 95’ GSR and this is my third Integra, 7th Honda/ Acura.
My goal behind this build is a purpose built highway car. I want to use this car for highway roll racing and occasionally taking off/on ramps at alarming speeds. This car is not going to be a daily driver, strictly a fun car for the weekends. I plan on doing everything from engine, suspension, brakes, interior, exterior, and paint. The whole 9 yards.
The goal is 450-500whp on E85(South FL), piston/ rod engine. So stock sleeves. This will be my 4th engine build and my first full out car build.

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Engine Auto part
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Sedan Mid-size car
Vehicle Asphalt Car Road Transport
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Sedan Bumper

So it’s a rolling shell but it’s a start. I plan on starting from the bottom up. The car is parked in my back drive way ready to be worked on. Yard Backyard Grass Lawn Vehicle

I ordered new brake lines, rotors, and pads online.
Product Vehicle brake Disc brake Auto part Brake

I also ordered function and form type 1 coilovers. I paid $500 new in the box, thought it was a good price so I jumped on it. The seller threw in some aftermarket rear lower control arms and front upper arms and front and rear camber kits. I don’t know the quality of the control arms or the camber kits but they are free. Let me know your opinions on that.
I plan on removing all the suspension components like the Knuckles and clean them up and painting them. So far the only thing I’ve been able to get done was removing the ABS for the abs delete, and I already gutted the car.
Land vehicle Vehicle Engine Car Auto part

I’ll get more pictures later if the interior. I need to replace the window regulator and motor in the passenger door and put that panel together. The car will only have the dash, the two door panels, and the center console arm rest thing. Can’t live without that.
I’ll keep posting as things come together.

See less See more
#3 ·
I plan on working on the car as the parts come in. Car will be running probably within 2 months or so.
I need to go to the junk yard and pick up the 40/40 prop valve and lines for the abs delete. Once that’s done I can start throwing on the new brakes.
I want to paint the calipers and knuckles while I’m in the process. The coilovers, LCAs, and camber kits arrived at my dads house so I’ll pick them up this weekend and attempt to throw them on sometime this week or weekend.
I’m going to order a progress subframe brace with 22mm rear sway bar and add that to the mix.

Reactions: Built_not_bought
#4 ·
Parts came in. I was able to pick up the coilovers but not the arms or camber kit. Ups dropped that off in a separate package delayed and I couldn’t grab it today.
Suspension part Suspension Auto part Coil spring Shock absorber

These will be going on tomorrow along with the lcas and camber kits

#5 ·
More parts...
Auto part Automotive exterior
Auto part
Auto part Bumper

#7 ·
Got working on the car today.
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Tire Automotive tire

Wanted to start on the suspension so I decided to work on the back first. I wanted to pull off the rotors and calipers first and follow up by taking the whole trailing arm off since the bushing went to ****.
Problem #1- both driver and passenger side rotor screws were stripped.
I couldn’t get them off so I started to drill them out, but about 2 min in my bit snapped and I was stuck. I just decided to continue to take off the arms and strut assembly. Automotive exterior Auto part Vehicle

I couldn’t get the lower control arm bolt to come out. When I was backing out the bolt, it was spreading the mount rather than backing out completely. So I left them on and will deal with them another day. Auto part Vehicle brake Disc brake Brake Transmission part

Any recommendations for the caliper situation? I know the calipers work fine but they are stock and old af. Should I buy new calipers or buy a rebuild kit. I also have high temp paint for calipers. Here are some close ups. Auto part
Auto part

I also got a set of blades to replace the monster truck 17” wheels and tires that were on the car. Alloy wheel Tire Rim Wheel Automotive tire
Alloy wheel Rim Tire Wheel Automotive tire

Some more pics of the interior and bay that I am prepping for cleaning and paint. Also have the harness out and I am going to clean it up and re-loom it.
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Hatchback Subcompact car
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Bumper Automotive exterior
Room Technology Electrical wiring Wire Gadget

#8 ·
I ordered the rear hubs due to one side sounding and rolling rough as ****.
Auto part Rotor Wheel
Disc brake Auto part Vehicle brake Wheel Machine

The trailing arm bushings arrive on Thursday and I’ll get started tearing everything apart and re-assembled.
I am also ordering remanufactured brake calipers all around instead of cleaning up my old ones. They don’t look too healthy.
Auto part
Auto part

#9 ·
Almost done stripping bay for paint prep.
Vehicle Auto part Car Engine Automotive exterior

Going to work I’m removing the booster and master cylinder, to start cleaning.

#10 ·
Removed the booster and master. Covered up the fuse box and some of the body wiring with plastic and started cleaning the bay.
Vehicle Car Auto part Engine Automotive exterior
Vehicle Car Engine Auto part Compact car

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.