Team Integra Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
basiclly bought the car with the ingalls style camber kit and its crap i still have drastic camber wear so i bought a skunk2 style with new upper a-arms with the movable ball joint

here is my dilemma i can't find the orginal a-arm mounting bolts neither can i order them from any site i have seen so is it safe to use these together in conjuction??

DISCUSS

·
Registered
3 Posts
It's just as safe as stock, you will actually be gaining more adjustment with the two combined, i had to go and buy an ingalls style kit for my front after i bought my skunk 2 upper control arms so i could return my camber back to factory, All in all it will be fine with both, just get a good alignment after all of your work is done. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
2,276 Posts
Skunk2 does +/- 4 degrees of camber, how do you guys need that much adjustability? Ingalls alone doesn't offer nearly that much. If I were you, I'd try to keep as many OEM parts in as possible. Sell the Ingalls and get some of your money back too.

·
Registered
1,757 Posts
I took my car in to get an alignment and i have the Skunk2 UPper Arms. The alignment guy said that he set my camber to the max +4 degrees because I had bad inner tire wear. He also said that if he could, he would have adjusted it more but that was the max it could adjust. Then he says that I'll still continue to have inner tire wear. WTF? I dont get it?? Toe problems?

·
Registered
3,087 Posts
hey M, I used to think with some ppl, but they don't realize, we need to know what your toe was dialed at at time of alignment. If you are on or within the tolerant spec, you should be fine.. if you have inner wear (called one-sided wear) then you may have had very negative camber to start with and he was just trying to reverse the wear until you get it fixed.

Improper alignment of the camber can cause this. Toe is also the culprit as often agreed on and crusaded upon. You have toe-out if your wear is on the inner region. You must make sure that he either told you whether it was irregular wear or feathered wear (called feather-edged wear, mostly due to improper toe-in). Because in that case, he should have realigned after setting toe to 0; toe and camber are dynamic, caster is static. If you have wear after that, it's your camber bro

~P2P

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.