Team Integra Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
445 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i am curious if it is ok to paint a car when it is raining as long as you have a professional booth and everything. i just need to know because the body shop said they couldn't spray it yesterday because the humidity but they are going to spray it this evening and it's raining today?..is this ok? does the rain effect it? does the humidity effect it? it's about 60 degree. also, i've heard that it is good to paint in the rain because no dust or anything will get in ..any help would be greatly appreciated i am so pissed, i was supposed to get my car back 1 1/2 months ago and these excuses are getting ridiculous..i just need to know if this one is valid..thanks..it's basecoat/clearcoat paintjob as well..thanks

·
Registered
1,776 Posts
my body shop had delays taking my car due to humidity as well (backing up previous jobs). I didn't even have an apt with the shop yet- but they told me they were already backed up and why. I would say it is a valid excuse.

·
Registered
445 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
yea, the delays are unreal..not only is it that long of a delay but it was supposed to be in for a month..so it's now been 2 1/2..anyway..back on topic..yes it is raining here and rain =100% humidity but it is cold humidity not warm..so is there a difference..it's not muggy or anything just cool and rainy..is there a difference between the humidity if it's hot and cold?

·
Registered
156 Posts
humidity plays a big role in painting. especially in tri coat paints. but if they have a booth i don't see what the problem is. they should be able to control the environment in that room. sorry about the delay though. i think they are just backed up and are BSing you. 1 month to 2 and a half months? definately swamped with work.

·
Registered
10,995 Posts
When my car was in an accident, it took one and a half weeks for them to order parts, straighten/adjust the frame, install and paint everything. They had a full booth set up too. They were some fast mothas, they do excellent work too. Paint looks beautiful, matches the car perfect with 0 orange peel.

·
Registered
1,898 Posts
Its ok to paint as long as its inside. After being baked the paint can take the rain but its still soft so if anything rubs it or a rock hits it then its more likely to chip. Acually leaving the car in the sun will do more damage to fresh paint then rain.

·
Registered
445 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
water spots will happen if it's left outside in the rain at first he says but i was just curious if it was ok to paint if it was raining outside..i just talked to the guy and he says he should be done spraying it by 11 or 12 tonight so i'mma go over there and see what's up..i think he didn't paint it because after he wetsanded it he couldn't get the car to dry up quick enough to get the corners of the tape to stick and all. but he says he's doing it tonight because the car is dry now..hmm.we'll see

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.