Team Integra Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
573 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm getting frusterated trying to save $1,000 for a airbag setup, I'm still gonna do that, but next summer when I'm working full time again, so anyway, I'm thinking I'll just get some springs in the meantime.. so anyway, I'm hopin you guys can gimme a few tips.. first of all, almost my only concern when it comes to springs is gonna be looks, I'm not interested in taking high-speed turns and I don't autocross so... what are some good springs for a big drop.. Sprint? Also, where's the cheapest place to get springs for our tegs? The only place I really know of is Modacar still, but do they tax on springs?

·
Registered
1,942 Posts
Nuespeed Race Springs2"Front/ 2" Rear
I think its the perfect drop

·
Registered
322 Posts
If you want it just for looks you can get the Spring Extreme springs which drops your car 3.25/3.00. Not sure how those would handle though =).

·
Registered
232 Posts
Got no worries for negative toe? Cause the lower you go, the more negative toe you'll get. My friend has H&R racing springs on his 96 GSR and although the car looks nice his front two tires have pretty serious negative toe. With stock GSR rims, there's no finger gap in the front or the back.

I have Eibach sportline springs and I have about a 2 finger gap in the front and a 1 finger gap in the rear. Not exactly the best looking setup but the springs are great and I don't need to worry about potholes in the street.

·
Registered
573 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
What do you mean by negative toe? Thanks for the suggestions/specs everyone

·
Registered
3,185 Posts
InTeGrA_T7 on Sep/11/02 said:
If you want it just for looks you can get the Spring Extreme springs which drops your car 3.25/3.00. Not sure how those would handle though =).
spelling correction: Sprint Extreme Drop..

i had some sprints on my GsR.. 2.25" or 2.34".. cant remember exact specs(sprint gave them to me).. it left me with a one finger gap on stock rims.. felt a lil stiffer than stock.. handled pretty good.. but hey.. my stock shocks lasted all four years i had them on my teg..
no complaints from me..

·
Registered
232 Posts
I could be wrong, but you can think of it like this...

(supposely) stock setup with the tires straight:

|----|

0" toe assuming both tires are straight down.

Negative Toe with the tires poing in an inside upward direction (often referred to as Butterfly):

/----\

Positive Toe:

\----/

on a lowered car like a teg, you'll get negative toe, causing the inside of your tires to wear out faster than the rest of the tire. Camber kits made for our cars are usally positive to offset the negative.

Also try checking out e-bay first. They might have good springs for better prices. I got my brand new sportlines for $165 shipped.

·
Registered
573 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hmm okay, since my budget has been deflating for my springs, I'm now down to about $140.. so I'm looking at ebay and it looks like a lot of what is sold on there is MaxSpeed which sounds suspicously like crap to me... however, I have noticed that there are some Sprint springs on there, as well as some GoldLines, which are both still within my budget... any recommendations on which would be better? It looks like they both drop around 2" which is fine w/ me

1 - 10 of 10 Posts