Team Integra Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
384 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
when i do install my oil return line i am wondering what i should use. I see alot of people use steal braided (teflon center??) and rubber hosing. Which one would be better?

Also the oil resturn fitting (the part that bolts to your oil pan), where would i get this part? I see alot of people install it so it is pointing sideways. Wouldn't it be better to mount it so it is pointing up?

AND.....how would i connect the oil return lining to the fitting on the turbo and to the fitting on the oil pan? Hoseclamps??

Thanks
Dawson

edit: i also see alot of people talking about using AN fittings over brass, becuase the brass fitings usually break. Is this true? What are and where can i find "AN" fittings.

·
Registered
497 Posts
Well as far as the fuel line goes, stainless lines are the best, you can use silicone but only if you have to. If you used stainless you would also need fittings that screw onto each other. If you use silicone hose you need to use hose clamps.

·
Registered
527 Posts
grab you this jammy right here.. and turn it sideways..

i used a 90 degree and its right next to if not on my downpipe... if you turn it up you will clip the block... use the 45 and turn it sideways is your best bet. i have to now get a -10 an with a barb to redirect it. heres a pic.

·
Registered
9,908 Posts
go to Honda-Tech.com, search for a member Flamenco-T his name is Stan he will get you all anf any fitting you need, he has return line kits for like 90 bucks, includes the SS line and fittings, great guy.

·
Registered
384 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
ya thats who is selling the lines on the link i provided.

I still don't know...

Also the oil resturn fitting (the part that bolts to your oil pan), where would i get this part? I see alot of people install it so it is pointing sideways. Wouldn't it be better to mount it so it is pointing up?

AND.....how would i connect the oil return lining to the fitting on the turbo and to the fitting on the oil pan? Hoseclamps??

and for the steal braided, which kind of center would you recommend?

·
Registered
527 Posts
thats some in genius sh*t aint it! actually i had my buddy whos a killer welder put it together for me... the fitting and bends needed were way to complicated for a pre made downpipe... so i had him custom jack it... no bends all cuts....and tacked and formed then beaded over... the inside is clean a *****... i doubted him at first of course by the looks of it... but after the finished product i couldnt help but love it. lots better than the pos i had on their before.. its not the prettiest thing on the car but its prolly one of the most effective. trust me i wouldnt have it on my car if it wasnt performing... too much money invested to have crap on there.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.